Taurus Firearm Forum banner

How often do you sell or trade your guns?

• NEVER! once bought they stay bought.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When ever i get new-gun-itis

• Only when im low on money.

• Only if they're junk im trying to unload

• I trade a lot so i always have something different to shoot.

• Only when im getting a very good trade. / Trading up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how often will you sell or trade your guns?

also how do you feel about your guns? are they part of the family once you buy it thick and thin?
or are they just tools and always open to negotiation for sell?

My guns are my guns.. i would'nt sell any of them under normal circuitstances..

if i found a really good trade where im getting a gun worth twice as much or something then i might trade..

i might also sell some guns to friends or family but as a general rule i dont wheel and deal with my guns.

how about you?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can't sell one of the family !!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have the first revolver I ever bought ( 1970 ), the first new pistol I ever bought and a few that were given to me or have been in the family for awhile. Those will always stay here.
The rest are just guns. Except a few special Sigs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I miss and regret trading my Winchester Model 94 Lever Action 30.30. I DID get a fully functional and reliable Chevy Van for my sister out of the deal. She wound-up wrecking it with-in 9 months. I know that I've never totalled one of my firearms... so I think I came out on the short end of the deal on this one.

The EX got my Makarov .380 (Yes, it was factory stamped as a .380) and a 1300 defender with pistol grip and folding stocks.

Other than that; I still own and carress on a regular basis, every gun I've ever bought.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
There's only a couple of guns that will not leave my possession under any circumstances. Beyond those, a gun gets traded if I don't like it or its just not working for what I bought it for. I've only got so much space for guns here. :'(

Steelheart

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I almost let a rifle go when I was in college. I was low on money. Fortunately, the guy found something he liked better. I will not sell my guns unless some really hard times come my way.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm kind of a research nut. I read and study everything I can about a weapon before I make a purchase. Every purchase I make is intended to fill a specific nitch. So when the deal is done, it is with the intention of keep the gun for a very long time. If I like something better down the road I'll just add to the collection.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a PT145 and Browning buckmark .22 cal(within the last month) - Had trade in on both. I have 2 guns that I have had since I was 10yrs old. Single shot Remington .22 rifle and a 410 bolt action shotgun I will probably keep these 2 until I am very old. The rest of my guns are tools(shotguns and rifles plus one more pistol S&W 357MAG revolver) and right now all my niches are happy. :)

Tony

·
Registered
212 Posts
I only trade or sell off something if I really don't think I'll shoot it. We sold off a 24/7 to someone here on the board, because my wife said she won't shoot it (we got her one of the pink Mill's to replace the 24/7). I already have nice 9mm, so the 24/7 wouldn't get used......so we sold it.

·
Super Moderator
21,935 Posts
I have guns that I got from my Dad and some that I bought when I was 18, 31 years ago those will never be sold. Nowthe 3 guns I did sell was 9mm star, SKS, and AK-47. The first two just did not shoot well and the last one I liked but it was I was laid off and needed the money thing. Pluse I want a nice AR15 to help fill out my collection.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I keep the ones I like and have sold the ones I didn't like -- mostly semi-autos that didn't feed reliably. The one exception is the first shotgun I bought for myself when I was 16. I loved that gun. I sold it knowing I'd never use it again, plus the wife and I had to sell most of our stuff when we moved aboard our sailboat. It would have rusted. I would like to have it now for the memories of times spent with my father and grandfather.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've sold older guns and purchased (then) newer guns when I was in my 20s. Anymore the ones I buy, I have the intention of keeping with me until The End. (With apologies to Jim Morrison) :p

·
22,058 Posts
I have sold 3 guns.
The first was a Dan Wesson CTG .357. Sold to a friend of mine years ago. Soon after he bought it it was stolen. Turned up later trashed.
The second was a Ruger Redhawk .44. Sold to another friend who I believe still owns it. I sold this one to make way for the Super Redhawk I have owned for 20 years.
The third was recent. I sold my XD .45 because I aquired the M&P .45 which I like better.

I am with T9mm. I really don't plan to sell anymore of my guns. But if the price is right you never know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts