• Every 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a year

• After a trip to the range

• After a set number of rounds

• What? i thought they was self cleaning.

• When ever i take a bath.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you clean your guns?

i clean mine after every range trip.. i'll some times oil them if it's been a while but have'nt been shot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same thing here . I have several rifles and shotguns . they get wiped down with oil about every 3 months .

·
Registered
138 Posts
+1 Joe Sixpack

·
Administrator
39,932 Posts
Well, me too. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I used to clean them fanatically after each trip to the range. Now I just started running a boresnake thru, brushing the breach area, and wiping them down. I voted after a set number of rounds, but I'm adapting an "As needed" policy. I will not shoot them and just put them away however.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm running with the pack on this one.....after each range visit.

·
Super Moderator
21,587 Posts
After each range visit for the guns I use, and inspect and lube and wipe down guns I have that stay in my safe without being shot for awhile about every 3 months.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pretty much, after each range visit. I don't put a lot of oil on my guns, just enough in the right places.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Definitely after a range time but I do wipe them down every couple weeks while they are in storage with a silicone embedded gun cloth and run a patch down the barrel lightly soaked with Mobil 1 synthetic.

Gotta protect my babies that protect me....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always after a trip to the range. For guns that don't make it to the range I'll wipe them down every few months with Weapon Shield clp.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I cleaned two guns last night.... after a range visit.

·
Administrator
35,430 Posts
in addition to cleaning it when I get back from the range, i usually wipe the lead and fouling off of the barrel with one of those special gun cloths, so that any fingerprints don't end up on there for posterity....and it keeps my gun case from getting the gun dirty after I clean it. :thumb:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Man, I fell like such a Slacker.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i fall into that slacker catagory, but quite honestly, depends on the gun, i have bench type rifles that all have a bore snake in each case and they get a run through every 5-10 rounds, my pistols... some of the ones in discrete places in the house haven't been seen by anyone but the insects in over a year, i guess i probably ought to work on that, but thats why most of them are stainless. in the gun safe, i keep up on those fairly well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Definitely after a range time but I do wipe them down every couple weeks while they are in storage with a silicone embedded gun cloth and run a patch down the barrel lightly soaked with Mobil 1 synthetic.

Gotta protect my babies that protect me....
I'm with NYPD on this one. My dad got me started with the Mobil 1 coating when he first showed how to fire and immediatly clean his guns when I was a kid.

·
Registered
467 Posts
After a trip to the range is my usual operation. Works for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts