Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guy showing off his new taurus 24/7

lets see what he did wrong.

1. notice he can't seem to keep his finger out of the guard while handling it.

2. Points gun square at chest.

3. Attempts to pull trigger to demonstrate the guns internal lock

4. Those might not be so bad except the MAG IS LOADED!
.. i can only presume he has one in the tube.. he never checked.

good thing the lock was really engaged and working.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Whoa! I have laid a gun down on a table, that was pointed in the general direction of someone in the room, when I first started buying guns last year. But that was stopped ASAP by my LEO son, even though my finger or even my hand was no where near the gun.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The scary part is that he says once he learns more he will make more videos. I think I counted 3 times he aimed a loaded gun at himself. What a fool!

·
Registered
876 Posts
This was in the comments from the video link. hurley1924 was the person who uploaded the video.

hurley1924 (6 months ago) Thanks for your concern I really appreciate it. I never put a round in the chamber unless I am shooting and the 24/7 has a cool looking round indicator on the right side of the gun that always lets you know if its loaded. If you get the gun let me know what you think. I have owned Glocks, Rugers, Springfield and I have to say this is the best shooting handgun I have owned...
That being said, I still think demonstrating with a loaded mag is ill advised.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree. Not very good safety to be showing to people that may not know any better. That is how accidents happen.

·
Registered
339 Posts
afrats said:
The scary part is that he says once he learns more he will make more videos. I think I counted 3 times he aimed a loaded gun at himself. What a fool!
Might not be that many more videos if he keeps that up.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im glad to hear it was'nt chambered (far as he knows)

we never seen him check..

when ever im gonna fondle a gun drop mag, check chamber.. infact check it twice.
he needs to learn to clear a gun every time he picks it up.. those loaded indicators are crap.
if i can't see daylight coming down chamber it's loaded far as im concerned.

ya. he's gonna make more videos? well far as i know he only has the one.. he might have shot him self already.

·
22,058 Posts
How many have been shot/killed with an unloaded gun. Safety first and always. The only time I look down the barrel is when it is out of the slide being cleaned. Never point the business end of the gun at anyone or yourself. I never point the gun at myself because nobody loves me like me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah the guy is obviously an idiot for pointing a gun at himself 3 times!

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
This Richard Cranium is going to kill himself, live and in color on Youtube....he gives all responsible gun owners a very bad name. :soapbox:

·
Registered
73 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
This Richard Cranium is going to kill himself, live and in color on Youtube....he gives all responsible gun owners a very bad name. :soapbox:
LOL hahahaha Richard Cranium.......... i haven't heard that one in a while, its a classic. :D

·
Super Moderator
21,950 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you guys but the only time I look down a barrel is after i've dropped the mag, racked the slide at least twice. Looked in the chamber and even stick my finger in the chamber. Then lock slide back and then look at the buisness end of a gun. call me paranoid. I rack and check guns stores hand over to me right after I watched the guy check it himself.

·
15,931 Posts
Well the guy is nutz! But the more I been thinking about this for the past day or so.

As I sit here typing, I have a 357, in my right vest pocket, (the barrel is pointing where may you ask), direct line of sight on the barrel is at my crotch. If I am using the one IWB holster I have, where is the gun pointed, Down my leg or at my crotch, Hmmm I begin to see a picture here. If I am wearing the Don Hume Belt holster, just behind my hip, I am pointed at my big butt!

Yeah, there is no way to avoid exposing yourself to the accidental or negligent discharge. We try to follow the guidelines for safe handling, but most of us from other threads, carry locked and loaded in Semi Auto's, and with a full cylinder on the Revolvers.

So be careful out there, like another thread here says "IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU".

This in no way excuses that fool for posting that thing on the internet, for other fools to see.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I personally rack the slide 3 times to make sure it is unloaded. It is what I was taught in my ccw class. If I need to look down the barrel, I can do it from the muzzle end.

Robby when we carry our guns are pointed at places we could get hurt very badly from. It may hurt like hell but probably won't kill us. And remember too that with a lot of holsters the trigger is covered and we have little to worry about. I know things can happen but they are few and far between with safe handling.

·
15,931 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Robby when we carry our guns are pointed at places we could get hurt very badly from. It may hurt like hell but probably won't kill us. And remember too that with a lot of holsters the trigger is covered and we have little to worry about. I know things can happen but they are few and far between with safe handling.
Actually that was the point I was trying to make also. We do our best to not create a situation where we have a negligent, or accidental discharge. Every holster I have, covers the trigger completely, not just partially. I have trained myself, and been taught to keep my finger off until I am sure of my target, and ready to fire. I have had threads with guys who said your sweeping yourself with certain draws, but again if your finger is off the trigger you have lessened the danger.

We need to not be stupid like some seem to be that post these video's. Including the ones where a 92 lb girl is given a .500 or some size gun and it comes up and knocks her silly. Those are not funny to me, they are pathetic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Before seeing video I though some poor untrained kid, but his bio said age 34. Dude...The pro's have ND all the time, you SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Looks like the video was removed by the user, link is no longer valid!

What I recommend to everyone is that I have a small dental mirror (any mirror and a flashlight will do) which I use if I feel the need to look down the barrel. Please don't point the firearm at yourself I need all your valuable opinions and advice. ;D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.