·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10% less?

20% less?

50% less?

None at all?

I'm at 100% less mostly because of lack of opportunity. Last time I went to the range there was an hour wait, which surprised me. I thought people might be worried that they won't be able to replace what they've shot. I just didn't want to wait that long, so I left

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
100% as of last Tuesday. Can't afford more ammo in the budget at this time and I have a hardline of how much ammo I will not drop below possessing. Sadly I have reached that line.
I am blessed to live on 56 acres in the country and can do as I please. Unfortunately I have the freedom but lack the financial ability. lol.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
As to my 9mm. maybe 90% less.
Hard to get bullets for reloading.
Decided to shoot maybe 5 or 10 rounds every couple of weeks just to stay in practice.
Now that I scored 975 rounds of .22LR, maybe 50% less, 100 rounds a month.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I went to the range on Saturday, it was my first chance to get out since September. The rifle rane only had 4 people there at any given moment, but the pistol range was packed and the pinup boards are tattered from heavy abuse now.

As for ammo shortages, they aren't really a contributing factor at the moment, but it does keep me from shooting certain guns due to not wanting to run low on my reserves. I only have 250 rounds of 9mm left at the moment, so I haven't shot my Hi-Point iin quite some time. It is getting harder to load up though given the current climate, luckily my schedule has forced me into a slight hiatus.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
100% less right now. Thinking about an airsoft for plinking.:cool:
Yeah, thinkin' bout spending more time with the ol' Crossman .22 CO2 pellet pistol myself. Cheap to run and knocks out tree rats without waking up anyone too....

Hunter.gif

·
Banned
405 Posts
I had a decent supply before the panic started so I was in good shape to start, BUT I have curtailed range visits from 2-3 times a month to about once a month. This is caused by a mix of difficulty finding 9mm ammo and the recent poor weather we've been having.

·
Registered
100 Posts
100% as of last Tuesday. Can't afford more ammo in the budget at this time and I have a hardline of how much ammo I will not drop below possessing. Sadly I have reached that line.
I am blessed to live on 56 acres in the country and can do as I please. Unfortunately I have the freedom but lack the financial ability. lol.
Wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had free range over 56acres! Been looking in to purchasing some land to shoot on. One gets tired of punching holes through paper only. How bout, I'll bring the ammo........

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have slowed down a good bit. Thinking of going to shooting air rifle for a while. For the price of 150 rounds of .40s&w, I could buy a nice rifle and decent scope...

CreekFisher

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
0%

There was no money for ammunition before the buying frenzy and there is no money now.

·
Registered
27,644 Posts
I am probably shooting more, but I have switched most of my shooting to .22 LR. Note to self... pick up more .22 ammo.
I can practice sight picture, breathing, stance, and trigger control with the .22.
Then a few rounds of higher caliber "stuff" keeps the flinch under control.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Its like 10 degrees outside, when the temperature reaches something reasonable shooting will resume at normal volume.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I go at the same pace that I usually go. The only ammo I am having difficulty finding (in the calibers I shoot) are .22lr but fortunately in her rifle I can substitute .22 shorts which are still easy to find.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Last Saturday, I had to make that decision, about what to bring out to the range with
my friends. They brought most of the rifles because they had stocked up on ammunition
before the Sandy Hook shootings. I brought four of my handguns and my Mossberg 500.
Ammunition in standard handgun calibers and shotgun shells haven't been affected by
what I call the great gun banic as much as rifle calibers, especially the military type
calibers. If things were as they were before the Sandy Hooks shootings, I would have
brought my AKs with me as well and we would have shot them too.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Haven't been to the range in over a month. I've been holding on to my ammo and picking up a box or two if I can find any.. Got two people that want me to teach them how to shoot, which is great, but I'm not willing to give up the ammo right now

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Its like 10 degrees outside, when the temperature reaches something reasonable shooting will resume at normal volume.
Same here, it's been in the single digits and below. As far as ammo, no shortage, I cast and reload everything myself. Plenty of primers and powder on hand.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
None at all - Opportunity has been missing - I've got beau coup 9 & 40 ammo and chomping to get to range with 4-5 pistols. Health, hospitals, sick dogs and weather have screwed up my monthly visits and haven't been to range since mid October. Frankly not worried about getting ammo once the panic dies down, and it will. I do expect it will be at a higher cost, not only from manufacturers, but retailers, too - they're not much removed from Big Oil when it comes to sticking it to the consumer - my favorite Wally had already gone up about $2 on 9's and $4 on 40's in UMC 250rd box before panic. I would have a lot more ammo if the panic buyers hadn't caused my Wally to limit sales to two boxes per caliber. Glad that I bought ammo throughout last year - when they had it I'd buy a box or two of 9 & 40.

Right now, weather is the culprit - wet, windy and in the 30's.

·
Registered
248 Posts
100%. I won't shoot what I have until I get more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts