Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a big bore hand gun to go to the range with (I find them fun).

I found a couple of Raging Bull's that really pique my interest.

One is a 5.5 inch dark gray Raging Bull (not sure what the finish is, but it is polished dark gray, not the satin or stainless or normal blued) for 540 (dealer will come down to 510 plus tax for it) and a 8 inch dark blued with case hardened frame finish Raging Bull for 589.

Which one would you go for? And how much should they be worth?

The dark gray 5.5 inch Bull is used but not sure about the 8 inch blued Bull (the dealer says its new but the price seems awfully cheap for a new Raging Bull.)

Advice?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi, don't know what area you live in, but my local gun pusher has RB's for less than $500.00 but that was in .44 magnum. If I remember right they were around $469.

TB C45

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If that gun is .454 that would be a good price (Buds sells them $650).

5.5" gray Raging Bull? hmm never heard of one like that. I know Taurus makes a 5in 454 and .480 but never seen a gray finish RB. I'd say buy it and post some pics for us to see :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, both of them are .454 RBs. The dark gray one might be a 5 inch, not 5.5.

Which one would you choose? The 5inch or the 8 inch barrel?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'd go with 5in version (that's what I want myself:))! it's more practical and would be a better choice for a carry gun (hiking etc)! 8in is too muzzle heavy IMO...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my blue, 6.5" 454 RB wholesale from Zanders in Ill. It was $553.00. The 8" guns are way too barrel heavy for my liking.
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
10gaOkie said:
I ordered my blue, 6.5" 454 RB wholesale from Zanders in Ill. It was $553.00. The 8" guns are way too barrel heavy for my liking.
Chris
I agree the 8" is too barrel heavy for me, that is why I bought the 5' 454RB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts