Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just noticed my slide on my pt111 pro can move side to side a bit. The gun has about 1000 rds through it and has had zero problems. Is this normal? Does yours do it?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Are you referring to when the slide is locked back or in the loaded position cause mine in the loaded position very tight

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
orlandodriver said:
Are you referring to when the slide is locked back or in the loaded position cause mine in the loaded position very tight
In a forward firing position.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
nope mine dont wiggle solid check to see if the slide properly on the track also check that pin on the side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pin is in properly and it is on the rails properly.

It is just a slight loseness at the end of the gun. It wont move if you try to wiggle it in the middle or back, where the frame rails are. I am not really that worried about it. Just curious if this is common with these guns.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Mine has always had a little wiggle, when locked and loaded but nothing that would affect the shooting. I worried about everything, including the barrel seeming to be loose in the slide. I originally thought that guns should not have a barrel that tipped up when the slide was locked back. I have learned a lot in the last year, from the guys here.

·
Registered
438 Posts
mine has no wiggle when in the forward position.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No wiggle here in my PT140 Mill Pro with ~550 rounds through it.

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
PT145, just a little. PT111, virtually none. Both shoot sweet without issues. :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So a couple of yours do also. I went and looked at a couple brand new ones at the store this weekend, and they have the exact same movement. I dont think it will be an issue.

It really has been a pretty good gun thus far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 145 has just a little at the very front of the slide. Never noticed it before you brought it up, but it hits where I point it, so no worries here.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
lost said:
My 145 has just a little at the very front of the slide. Never noticed it before you brought it up, but it hits where I point it, so no worries here.
ditto! But on a 3rd Gen. PT111 Mil Pro.

P.S. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My PT111 Pro has about 3000 rounds through it with just a little wiggle to it but its been that way since new and has not gotten any worse with all the rounds through it so I guess it just depends on how it fit at the factory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts