Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to list my 327 on armslist at FULL price to see if I can get someone to bite. If it does not sell for "wishful thinking value" I will probably list it here for a reasonable price.

What is the top end that you would pay? How much is the most you have seen one sell for? I am not concerned with the fellow who thinks it is an eleven hundred dollar collector item.
I would like to get all I can out of it.

Ruger Sp 101 Three inch barrel Stainless steel very good condition. I bought it new and have cared for it well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I like the .32's and have considered a .327, but honestly there seams to be a strange curse to anything with a ".32" in it. They just never seam to gain a lot of traction. I have no idea why that is, because I think most of them have been great idea's. I know the .32 ACP, Long Colt, and H&R were my favs. I would like to have a .327, but probably would not drop much money on it, simlply because if it dosen't gain traction, they wont hold their value.

.32ACP, .32NAA, ,32S&W, .32-S&W Long, .32-20, .32 H&R-Mag, .32short colt, .32-Long Colt, .32Bulldog, & the .327-Mag

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I really don't know what its value is in the market, but value is what the buyer wants to place on the item if he or she wants it bad enough. What did it cost new? Knock off 15% and go from there and if need be, you can go down a little at the time until you can set the hook. hook.gif

Reactions: olfarhors and Sekol

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
How long Ya had it? And have you fired ONLY 327FEDERAL out of it?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought this one new about three years ago. Probably 5 boxes of federal 100 gr JSP's and several hundred mild to med reloads. Probably a box or so of Gold Dot 115's.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
I hate to say this, I really, really do hate to say it. But, in this case it fully applies. Without photos this is going no where real fast.

I for one love the 327magnum round. One for the round itself, and then even more for the flexibility of various calibers that the pistol will fire. The 3" to me would be a slight negative due to barrel length and conceal carry. However, that extra inch should not be underestimated in allowing for more pressure to build before the round is spit forward at the intended target.

Just for giggles and grins what are your two price points in the neighborhood of. Of course another item to look at is the cost of shipping and FFL fees vs. that of a face to face transaction.

Either way, best of luck with the sale. I have sold one 327magnum pistol which was a Ruger single with a longer barrel, but I don't foresee my Taurus M327 ever leaving my private inventory.

·
Super Moderator
17,624 Posts
From looking at gunbroker real quick I'd say $750-$850 would be what they are actually selling at for the 3" in recent auctions. Could be more or less of course based on condition/box etc. but most were in that range. The newer 4.2"ers are going for less. No doubt the reintroduction drove the prices of the 3" ones back down from their $1,000+ range. Frankly I'd rather have the 4.2". The 4.2"ers are all over the place and not selling at $600-$650.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
What is full price? The 32's have a strong following in those that love them. The run of Single Sevens being followed by the 101's says the 32 is not dead. I own several in old and custom guns. Put it out there and see what happens. Remember you always have some that wait until the end to bid.
I was offered one of the new 101's for $559 and tax this past weekend. That is way below suggested price.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I know I'd love to have one, but I'm not paying an arm and a leg for it. If I had it, the most I'd go is probably $500.

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Think you would have got a whole lot more for it 3 weeks ago.

I have one of the New Ruger Blackhawks in .327 that was discontinued pretty quick. I was offered $1200.00 for it and have seen them sell on the used market for near that price. Then the Single Seven came out and the value was instantly gone. No big deal to me I did not plan on selling anyway.

To the right person looking for a 3" barrel it may see $600.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid 550 new for it. I think anything over 600 would move it. I have my eye on the 4 inch. That is the only reason I am considering selling it. I just don't want to leave money on the table.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have you ever noticed how high gun prices are when you're buying,
and how low gun prices are when you're selling?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Them .32's just ain't that popular, your going to have to find someone that actually wants one in order to sell it. The .38/.357 mag is the wheel gun king with about a zillion types of ammo available anywhere....

Reactions: olfarhors

·
32,496 Posts
In the recent past there have been a few Taurus 327 owner fan club of sorts threads.

The .32 calibers are very versatile and that was one of the reasons the .327 magnum snub gun came into it's own.

$400- to over $500 is what I've seen the Taurus 327s go for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I paid 550 new for it. I think anything over 600 would move it. I have my eye on the 4 inch. That is the only reason I am considering selling it. I just don't want to leave money on the table.
I would pay you the cost of getting a new SP101 with the 4" barrel, for your 3" barrel, plus shipping. Two LGS are offering the new SP101 for $540-$560 plus 7% sales tax.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
They are being reintroduced by Ruger. Once the new ones hit the market that may affect your selling price; something to consider.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts