Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this,

Canada puts birds drunk on fermented berries in mini 'drunk tanks'

Canadians are concerned about birds getting drunk on frost killed berries that have converted their sugar into alcohol. To deal with it they are converting some hamster cages into "drunk tanks" for the birds to sober up in.
I am waiting for the Animal ACLU to come along and file an injunction against the practice on the grounds that the birds are being imprisoned without benefit of counsel and without proper charges being filed.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I for one am all for drunk birds. Maybe they won't be so loud and cheery in the mornings if they are all hung over! :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Nothing I hate more is a loud drunken bird!:D:D:p:p

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Well, I never had the pleasure of seeing a goose that was pie-eyed, attempt to fly.
Perhaps Canada wants to make sure their geese do not fly in the wrong direction?

That could possibly wreak havoc on commercial aviation traffic.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
LOL this is what happens when folks have to much time on their hands. Birds have been getting drunk on berry's for thousands of years just what exactly are they trying to prevent? Whats next drunk hives for bugs that eat fermented berry's?

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
When I was a kid and we lived semi-out in the country, we had a large plum grove in the front yard. Every year the berries would fall and ferment and the local fowl would get hammered. Blue Jays get even meaner when drunk. Although watching one when all it can do is lie on its back and squawk is funny for a while.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
How much ?

More than you could ever imagine !

Reactions: jeeper1

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
13,811 Posts
Ya know...I just wonder... you don't suppose all those birds in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" were drunk, do you? Scary, if it's true. Just sayin'.

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
The Birds

On Turner Classic Movies as we speak.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
SWEET! beer can chicken without the hassle of getting the beer can!

What's not to like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts