Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to inventory the amount of ammo that I had stored up for possible lean times. All my stored jhp pistol ammo and all my .223/5.56 ammo RN also are in ammo boxes. I think I have a total of 16 ammo cans, most of them are full. Range ammo, reloads were not counted.

Without going into specific numbers, lets just say that I hurt my back doing the inventory. :(

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
There ain't such a thing as enough. You'll always 'need' one more box than you think you do.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Bingo, there isn't enough.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Ammo is like money....no such thing as too much

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I had some ammo but lost it in the tragic boating accident that took my guns....:D

Reactions: mwj999

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
I think having enough ammo on hand to cover 1 year’s worth of your average range shooting/practicing is not unrealistic. Shoot 1 buy 2 and you will be there in a year’s time. I don’t have the cash to buy it all at 1 time so I follow that standard. Now that ammo is hard to find I have cut back some on my shooting to help stretch it out if I need to.

·
Registered
27,648 Posts
36 rounds.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
189 Posts
NOT enough yet ................ Just received some today ordering more friday.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I don't count I weigh! :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I decided to inventory the amount of ammo that I had stored up for possible lean times. All my stored jhp pistol ammo and all my .223/5.56 ammo RN also are in ammo boxes. I think I have a total of 16 ammo cans, most of them are full. Range ammo, reloads were not counted.

Without going into specific numbers, lets just say that I hurt my back doing the inventory. :(
16 .50cal cans...I can fit about 1k rds of x39 per can... You have a good start. ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
36 rounds.
What, I buy one round, you get the next? If you have to ask how much is enough, you don't have enough.

Bill

·
Registered
27,648 Posts
What, I buy one round, you get the next? If you have to ask how much is enough, you don't have enough.

Bill
That wasn't a question! :D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
You have enough ammo when the SHTF event is over and your standing there with enough ammo to do it all over again!!! best rule of thumb, fire 100 buy 200!!!

Reactions: Plano Mark
1 - 17 of 17 Posts