Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a pardner pump, and I went semi tacticool on it. It wasn't suppose to happen but it did. First thing I got was a 8 shot sleeve for the buttstock. Then I got a good deal on a 870 side saddle that holds 6. Then I found out the stock forend wont go all the way back with the side saddle, so I got a magpul forend. Anyway, enough of me rambling. My question is, is there a suck thing as too many shell holders?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Get a couple of these and let your Pardner stay light and agile. Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge into the river or you will probably be taken to the bottom.

I have a 50 round bandolier and a 25 round one. That lead really adds to the weight (nearly 6 pounds). If you haven't taken care of business by 75 rounds, you may be in trouble! :)

Fashion accessory Ammunition belt Jewellery Neck Necklace

Reactions: gyro_cfi and 20361

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well...depends if using for the potential zombie/shtf threat then its never to many... I'm working on my pardner pump now as well, added choate +1 mag ext, magpul stock and forend, gg&g follower, sling mounts hiviz sight added allen slip on 5shot shell holder(put a hole in it to fit sling mount). And the sling(holds 15) which I don't keep on unless range or showing off for my zombie/shtf use.. been debating getting a six shot side saddle from mesa or gg&g. And adding light next....it's just so fun!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeap, that's pricey mesa makes one too but more expensive.

Add the +1 for now haha

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
As they say, everything in moderation. Have you weighed the gun recently? What about with all those shell holders populated? Do you have a proven and practiced method for actually using the holders to reload the thing on the fly?

Don't get me wrong; I like "tacti-cool" as much as the next guy. But, the gun isn't much use to me if I need a chain hoist and a week's notice to move it! For instance, my semi auto HD gun only has a six round saddle (which, technically, won't even refill the magazine) on the side and a simple Surefire G2Led light. (It's still a little heavier than I might like; with 13 rounds of 2.75" 00 Buck, it weighs around 9 lbs.)The shells are oriented so that I can use my forehand to either top of the mag or "cup" one around the bottom of the receiver and into the ejection port if the gun is completely "dry". It takes some practice, but it’s possible to load the gun without dropping the muzzle.

Bottom line, if you are doing this for fun or looks, you can do whatever you like. But, if the gun is meant for some purpose, you need to weigh the tradeoffs. After all, what's the good of having two (or more) complete reloads on board if the weight of the thing throws you off balance every time you try to maneuver it?

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
I guess if you can still lift it, you have not went overboard!

You should be able to carry enough on the rifle to work your way back to where you keep your bandolier or other advanced weaponry.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Get a couple of these and let your Pardner stay light and agile. Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge into the river or you will probably be taken to the bottom.

I have a 50 round bandolier and a 25 round one. That lead really adds to the weight (nearly 6 pounds). If you haven't taken care of business by 75 rounds, you may be in trouble! :)

View attachment 55224
Cool! As I remember Ben Johnson wore one of these in the old movie "The Wild Bunch". :)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
My limit on the 1100 that I set up for home defense was 10 spare rounds on the gun. There's 6 on the side saddle and the Speedfeed stock has a 2 shell carrier built into each side. I normally keep 8 buck (left side buttstock carrier plus the 6 on the side saddle) and 2 slugs (in the right buttstock carrier). Any more and the gun gets too heavy to be handled with any decent speed and the extra 4 rounds behind my hands helps counterbalance the full extended mag tube the the flashlight mounted on the forearm. I've kicked around going to more on the buttstock but I doubt if I ever will. I've got a 6 shot sleeve on a side by side that I've considered swapping over but I haven't done it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Get a couple of these and let your Pardner stay light and agile. ...
:D :D :D :D :D :D I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about a Pardner being light and agile. I've disassembled mine several times trying to figure out where one of the Chinese assembly persons might of hid the gold he was trying to smuggle out of the country. That is the heaviest 870 clone I've ever held.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I found that My Mossberg 500 with a loaded tube and a 9 round sleeve was a little heavy,so a 20 round bandolier sits next to it.I did have to add an extra pound though,I slipped a limbsaver pad on and thats all shes gonna get.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
(Points at DirtyMike's avatar)

HE IS VIGO!!!!

RULER OF CARPATHIA.... SCOURGE OF MALDAVIA....

Sorry, I just watched Ghostbusters 2 a couple days ago.

I have a single Allen neoprene 5-shotshell holder on the stock of my Mossberg. But I did add a Limbsaver recoil pad, top rail with a new red dot I need top sight in, and a tri-rail on the tube with a light/laser combo attached.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I have decided to just stick with the sleeve, I ended up having to send in my pardner for repairs, the forend would just pull itself out if I pulled forward to hard, and when I got it back it had a new forend on it, and I cant seem to get my magpul off the old forend that they shipped back with it. Think im going to be cheap this time around and just keep it like it is. The stock forend would hit the side saddle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts