Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have one and dbsoundguy has one as well. There may be others present who have the 627 and if so, perhaps they'll weigh in with their experiences on this thread.

Mine is the stainless steel version with a 6" barrel. I've ran mild .38s, hot 125 gr. .357s and warm 158 gr. .357 fodder through it with zero problems and with very good accuracy. The weight of the gun coupled with the porting and ribber grips makes the recoil extremely manageable.

Initially it took a little time for me to get accustomed to the ribber grips but after handling it often they no longer felt odd.

I have one minor gripe about this gun and that's the porting. Personally speaking, I don't need it on a gun of this size and cleaning said ports only adds more time to the overall cleaning process which I don't love as some do. :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was wonderin on the ports , do they make a lot of flash and extra noise ? i had a v10 xd 9mm the ported model an she would really crack espesially indoor ranges , and after like 50 rounds the front sight was black from the ports smokin it up

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The flash isn't really that noticeable to me when I fire it and actually it doesn't seem to bother the front sight much at all either. The sides of the blade get darked only a little with use but never over the orange insert and the little on the sides is easily cleaned up.

It makes a substantial amount of noise but I have ear protection which I always use. Mine are from a company called North and one of their products is the Gun Muffler, though mine are an older pair and don't resemble the one in the link below. They're definitely needed or a comparable pair by another maker.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/NorthHearingProtection/GunMufflerEarMuff.asp

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree i never go with out ears ,, i had enough noise damage from years past workin construction , and in a steel pipe plant back before we were suppose to wear protection, so even now if iam goin bang i have ears on,,

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I love mine :D
It is a 4"

I had the Ribber grips and really liked them,but i was curious about the Houge grips.. i have always put them on every gun i own... ;D
Love the Houges ...lol
The ribbers absorb very well the recoil from the .357( and they are made by Houge)
I think if i was shooting a lot of Mag rounds i would keep them on :)

The Tracker i have is the most accurate revolver i have ever shot..
The porting does not bother me, but i always shoot outside and have ear plugs.
Not to sure how it is in a indoor range, but those guys around should have ear protection anyways :eek:

The only thing i don't like ( and it is really minor) is having to clean the ports.. :rolleyes:
I am pretty particular about my gun when i clean it..lol

My 9 yo Grandson has shot it alot with .38s and .357...
It is a very easy and fun gun to shoot

You won't be dissapointed :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the same gun as dbsoundguy. It's fun to shoot. I al so replaced the Ribber Grip with the Houge only because the Ribber was a little to fat for my hand (got smashed once). I would carry it for CCW but the Adjustable Sieghts bite the too large Love Handles. I bought the 617 for CCW 2" and Fixed Sieghts.Same fram size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts