Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
I own three, all of which were borrowed by family members and never returned.

The are very ergonomic and 100% reliable,...and accurate.

They are as good looking as a Walther PPK at less than half the price.

+ they have a slide lock/release which the more expensive PPK does not have.

They are a well kept secret...that I would gladly carry any where.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
MOONDAWG, Hit the nail on the head. A dependable bargain.

Had one years ago and sold it, Picked another up this year, daughter has it now.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I own three, all of which were borrowed by family members and never returned.

The are very ergonomic and 100% reliable,...and accurate.

They are as good looking as a Walther PPK at less than half the price.

+ they have a slide lock/release which the more expensive PPK does not have.

They are a well kept secret...that I would gladly carry any where.
I had a nickel Thunder Plus and made the huge mistake of letting my daughter shoot it. She took it home to clean it (sure) and now she's given it a name! Raised her right, I guess. :)

She loves her little Bersa and we blast away together side by side at the range. I have no less admiration for my CZ 83. 380 ammo is reasonable now and both these Walther look-a-likes are flawless, accurate and easy to disassemble and clean.

·
Registered
32,028 Posts
I have the Bersa Thunder in .22 Long Rifle. It is a great little pistol and the warranty is lifetime and there are service centers across the US, in fact all gunsmith services at all Gander Mountain stores are warranty centers and parts are easy to order from the importer "Eagle Imports" although I've never needed to get any. Any Bersa product is great, and they are also imported under the Name "Firestorm." You won't be sorry purchasing any of the products Bersa makes!

Reactions: smithlock

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yes, Jake

I think they're right up there with Taurus as far as a good "bang for the buck".

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've never met anyone who owned one who had a bad thing to say about the little pistol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I do, very accurate, reliable and feels good in the hand. Stay away from Sellior&Bellot (S&B), these models do not like it. Everything else I shot including reloads I have not had a problem with. Not one jam in about 400 rounds. So easy to field strip too!

An underrated gun at a good price.

Dave

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Our youngest daughter got a Deluxe for her 21st birthday. She'll be 25 next August. The gun has been mentioned here numerous times, as I had it Lauer-coated in Pink Lady for her. Great little gun.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have a Bersa T380 and liked it so much that I bought the T22 becuase it is the same size, etc. Never had a problem with either. I carry the 380 pretty much as my main CCW.
I think if you try one you will really like it.

·
Administrator
17,925 Posts
Buy one! Very good Pistol for the money!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a T380. It's great, in fact, I have it in an iwb as I type this. Wouldn't be without at least one.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I do, very accurate, reliable and feels good in the hand. Stay away from Sellior&Bellot (S&B), these models do not like it. Everything else I shot including reloads I have not had a problem with. Not one jam in about 400 rounds. So easy to field strip too!

An underrated gun at a good price.

Dave
Couldn't agree more, Dave. S&B not the best choice for ammo until completely broken in at least. Been using Fiocchi with perfect results.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have owned a Bersa .45 UC Pro, a Thunder 380 Deluxe (which my wife now carries), a Thunder 380 Plus (15+1) and a Firestorm 22LR which is on the same frame as the Thunder 380. All have been DEAD RELIABLE. If you carry the 380, use GOLDEN SABRE Remington self defense ammo as it is the most effective. Check out bersachat.com. Pictured are the Bersa Thunder 380 Deluxe and the Firestorm 22LR. I believe the Bersa Thunder family in .380 may be the BEST .380 carry semi-auto on the planet.

2Bersa.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
My friend's Bersa 380 is very easy to shoot accurately and has been totally reliable. I don't own a 380 (enough calibers, thanks) but my three year old Firestorm 22lr is a keeper. He keeps asking me to sell him my 22 but it ain't happenin'. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bersa based on quality expectations.

·
Registered
36,479 Posts
Well I am on my thrid bersa thunder 380, nothing fancy just the plain old blue Bersa with the single stack magazine.
Now the reason that i am on my third one is a buddy of mine many years ago after seeing me shoot one and him shooting it finally after much prodding talked me into selling it to him.
so i bought another a few months later, then the son talked me out of that one for his backup as it to was ultra reliable and accurate, so went a few months more and could't stand it and bought the one i got now!
the thing lays in the gun safe for months on end, i think about it, take it to the range and shoot it, shoot the center out of the target out to about 18 -20 yards, take it home clean it, put it back in the safe!
and mine runs on any ammo so far that i have put in it and runs very accurately as well.
never had a problem with any of the three.
its kind of a odd man out though as i got the Sig 238 for a pocket pistol and the Beretta PX4 SC for a tote pistol,but i ain't getting rid of this one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts