Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that if I am not going to be able to get a Rossi 720 because I never have the funds when they become available, perhaps I will shoot for a Rossi 971 comp. Do y'all remember this one? I can't remember when they were produced, but I went with a 4" standard barrel at the time instead of the comped 3 1/2" version. Wish I had gone with the comp, and wish I still had it!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
They pop up from time to time if you keep an eye open for them. I passed on the adjustable sight version since I would rather have the fixed sight model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dad carries one just like that when he carries a wheelgun. When he's not carrying it he lets it bounce around in the center console of his truck. Needless to say it doesn't get much TLC. Still shoots great but that comp with full house loads is LOUD!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dad carries one just like that when he carries a wheel gun. When he's not carrying it he lets it bounce around in the center console of his truck. Needless to say it doesn't get much TLC. Still shoots great but that comp with full house loads is LOUD!
Good to hear that it is durable! Also, glad to know that just the noise alone will scare the bad guys!!! :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another version was the 877 which was the stainless version. have one with 2 inch barrel and 6 rounds to fire with no goofy internal safety It was at one time stated as being one of the smallest 357 six shot revolvers. Hope you find what your are looking for. They are sweet guns with one of the best grips I know of.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another version was the 877 which was the stainless version. have one with 2 inch barrel and 6 rounds to fire with no goofy internal safety It was at one time stated as being one of the smallest 357 six shot revolvers. Hope you find what your are looking for. They are sweet guns with one of the best grips I know of.
Well, I looked and your 877 looks a lot like the current 461. Can you post pics? Does anyone know if the 877 and the 461 are the same revolver?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts