Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Many of you good folks are this good? If you go to youtube, you find a lot more of his videos including some how to vids.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Would be fun to try, just for S&G, but no place like that anywhere I know of near me.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I was, in my younger days. Then I got old and slowed down. Unfortunately I never had the foresight to have anyone film me at my best, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

/Yeah, in my dreams.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I wish! It would take lots of training. I feel that my reaction time is still quite good, but I would have been better at it when I was still in the Army back in my twenties.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Airwrench has shot with Dave at his range that he goes to.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Dang , that's some pretty fast action IDPA !!
I would probabley be that good if would have only known that's how I was suppose to train with my weights , I was lifting the stupid things.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
great training and shooting, a young man's sport. Knowing what to expect is one thing, but what about real world situations

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
Heck, I'm better than he is.

At making waffles.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Wow! Can't say I am (or ever was) anywhere near that good. That's Impressive. I think Jake put that out there to humble us and give a nice dose of insecurity. :)

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Yup, that dude can flat out shoot!

·
10,379 Posts
Very impressive. I'd love to be able to try some of the specialized equipment those guys get, and play on their courses...that'd be a ton of fun.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thats all pretty, I consider myself as good if not better. The thing is we engaged enemies like he did while I was an operator, the action was fast paced and the locations were just as cool, the locations I can talk about were the former Yugoslavia, Somalia, Haiti and Kuwait, theres plenty more that never happened. The only major difference aside from locations is that our targets had weapons and ammunition and 100% of the time they tended to return fire before retreating or dying. Movement like that in a real world engagement would mean almost certain death. It was pretty cool though.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Idle, my hat is off to you. Thanks for your service. I really respect that kind of operations as I'm older, fat, and out of shape and have never been in a real fire fight confrontation. You have my respect.
'

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is impressive. He is fast and very accurate as well.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Impressive but I'll shoot Wyatt Earp way, slow and accurate. JMHO.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Idle..you have my upmost respect as well. To have put youre life on the line so many times my tax money should ensure u a easy life....sadly i know thats not the case.

I dont shoot much cause i cant shoot on my property but im pretty quick myself. I went for 10 yrs or so without a pistol and id say most of my quickness/accuracy is because of the PT145 hand cannon. I can hit targets quick at 20yrds with an entire clip inside a tight group. If youre farther then 20yrds i can most likely get out of harms way anyway. I had a retired Navy officer as my chp instructer along with his assistant who was a local county deputy (ex navy Officer was also 20yrs in leo after military) and both said i shot better then 90% of the leo/military they have witnesed. Some people are just quicker then others. I have a friend i call Doc because he can draw and shoot without thinking. Only time u can talk him into showing his weapon is when peps are shooting for sport/training.I was once talking to him at a friends homemade range,i said how fast can u draw and shoot that can....it had a bullet in it before i finished my sentence..from a concealed carry position. He is as fast as the guy in the vid for sure and as i said im not much slower myself. Im getting older now and dont expect my reflexes will stay as sharp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts