Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had intended on posting this some time ago and then completely forgot about doing so until stumbling upon a similar post on TFL

So my question is how many magazines do you have on average for your pistols? (and any magazine fed carbines or rifles if you wish to contribute those as well).

My overall average number of magazines is 3 per firearm.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
currently only 2 on avg.. i'd like to have 6 but it's weird how the price of mags can varry so much between guns..

its' not to big a deal though cause my s&w 22a is easy to load.. both my beretta and taurus 92's i load with a maglula uplula.. so its' fast and easy no real need to have more then 2 mags at the range..

i wish beretta and taurus mags was compatible.. this is one of the biggest let downs between the two guns.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have only 2 mags for my 24/7 .45, of course that means as many as 26 rounds.

I'd like to have 6, 2 or 3 always loaded with SD rounds, the others for practice.

None of it matters as long as the gun is in Miami.

JimL

·
Registered
959 Posts
6 Mags for the 1911 and 2 Mags for the BUG, one in the gun and one in the pocket...

·
Registered
11 Posts
3 with all handguns

·
Registered
34 Posts
I carry 5 for my 1911 (4 fit nicely in a glock mag holster eith 1 in the well) In my duty bag I carry another four(just incase "stuff" gets hairy) For my PT111 I carry one in the well and one on the belt.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I have three for my PT92, all Taurus. I'll be buying three more, probably Mec-Gar, strickly for range use, and saving the OEM for "serious" use.
Three now, six soon.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Never really thought about that, have always had 2 for my guns...
with my Tracker i have 2 speedloaders..
and i have 2 for my Ruger Mark II
Seems like for me, 2 is the magical number ;)
Interesting :D :D :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Four have always been average. Right now, three for my .22/45, and five for my Sigma 9VE.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
drummin_man627 said:
I have three for my PT92, all Taurus. I'll be buying three more, probably Mec-Gar, strickly for range use, and saving the OEM for "serious" use.
Three now, six soon.
who makes taurus mags? or do they do it them selves? mec-gar makes a lot of mags for different companies as original product..

i've yet to hear a bad word about mec-gar, i've never used their mags personally but i'll be buyign some as well for both my beretta and my taurus.

·
Registered
962 Posts
A minimum of 3 for every auto.
For the 1911 I have 6 and the Hi-power 4.

AFS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Six for my duty gun, seventeen for the AR and two for my BU. The extra mags allow me to rotate every month or so to let the springs decompress.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to like to have five for every firearm, but that seems to be changing. How I like to have at least ten.

For my IDPA/carry guns, I like to have three for dry fire practice, three for carry, three for matches, and at least one spare.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Right now, 2 for each of the Smith and the Taurus. Plan on getting to at least 4 per when the time is right.

·
Administrator
17,667 Posts
I'm averaging about 5 per gun. Some more than others.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts