Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I carry 3 total mags. 1 in the firearm and 2 spare mags in a pocket pouch.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I carry one extra for every gun i carry, unless i'm carrying both handguns at one. In that case only one extra for my 945 and my P-64 gets to be my BUG. Don't really need another mag for that if i get down to the 9mm, i need to make a speedy retreat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I carry an extra magazine for each of the pistols I use for PD.

·
Administrator
39,488 Posts
Don't always carry a spare mag on my person, but when I do, it's a 10 rounder in the left rear pocket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I started carrying a second mag, you guys are right about it being better to have and not need then to wish you had another if you do need it.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
WOW! Do you all live in Detroit? Most of the time my only carry weapon is a Double D with 2 rounds of buckshot. If I am going some place scarry I'll pack one of my .45s. Spare Mags or ammo, it's in my saddle bags or in the cage somewhere. Although I recently bought a sholder rig that carrys 2 spare mags on the off side, I tried this with the spare mags and it did help ballance the rig out but I still don't like the sholder rig unless I'm wearing a jacket.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Let's see. American Rifleman, Shooting Times, Guns and Ammo, and Handguns. Four.:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I carry 3 mags. I in the gun and 2 extra in an I-TAC double magazine carrier. 46 rounds all together. Bot sure if thats enough... lol

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
At least one and if I have my mag holder on its two 16 round mags.

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I packed a 1911, I would carry two extra 8rd mags in a 2 mag pouch on my off side. Now that I carry a wheel gun, two speedloaders in my left pocket.

·
Registered
580 Posts
To the average non gun carrying person, I could see how it looks as though we are carrying a lot of ammo. My contention is that if the SHTF ever happens, I want to be prepared. I am sure you all feel the same.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I mostly carry my CCW pistol of the day with no spare ammo. Sometimes one spare mag. ALWAYS one round in the pipe.

There is no 'wrong' answer to this question just as there is no single 'right' for everyone. Carry whatever makes you comfortable and doesn't drag yer pants around yer ankles.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
i carry my kahr pm45 loaded. it holds 5+1 and i carry 1 spare 5 rd. mag. even if i carry a different pistol pt 1911, S&W M&P .40,colt mustang .380 etc... i always carry 1 spare mag.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my SD9 holds 17 total i dont feel the need to carry anymore then that lol

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
On duty a "minimum" of 3, off duty a "minimum" of 2; one in the gun and the rest in belt mounted magazine pouches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two extra mags for the PT1911, so 25 rds total. Found a cheap dual carrier in a guy's "junk" bin at a show last year for $5, and although it probably wasn't made for mags it works perfectly. A lot of generic folding knife sheaths can be had for cheap at shows as well, and they can work also.

When I used to carry a single mag in my pocket, I cut up an old piece of denim, wrapped it around the mag (about 3/4 length), and sewed it along the side. Sort of like a magazine condom; just something to keep the dust out.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts