Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, I just ordered seven MagPul Maglevel Pmag AR-15 Magazines. That's all I think I can carry.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have close to 30 different AR mags and 2 beta mags. I can carry these in 1 Rucksak that I have. A little heavy sure, but you never know.
Besides the Zombies are already here, ever take a close look at a crackhead? Fairly close resembalence!

Reactions: Noobie1kNoobie

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
For standard missions seven was all we used to carry in the Army. However, it would seem that zombies are a bit more dangerous than your standard enemy combatant, so perhaps having more magazines is actually advisable! :D

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
For standard missions seven was all we used to carry in the Army. However, it would seem that zombies are a bit more dangerous than your standard enemy combatant, so perhaps having more magazines is actually advisable! :D
I had 6 on my vest one in my gun. But we had 3 50 cal cans full of loaded mags in our truck. Can easily fit about a dozen mags in each can. Each guy in the truck had access to almost 20 mags! That's 600 rounds!

Personally I keep 5 mags loaded in a can with an extra 400 rounds on stripper clips with a couple of stripper spoons in the can. I neer touch that ammo. My rifle bag has 6 more loaded mags in it. Another 200 rounds on stripper clips with more stripper spoons.

My pistol bag has 15 mags loaded at all times, equals about 250 rounds of 9mm, all the mags work in both my glocks.

Mags are disposable, I buy a few every now and again, rotate use to periodically check function and to keep first in first out ammo rotation.

I would guess I have almost 20 glock mags, around 18 ar mags and half dozen 1911 mags. That's enough for me and the little lady to get anywhere we need to go.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Back im the day we would carry 7 to 10 mags depending on mission and loadout. There would also be a quite extensive ammo larder on some missions. No matter what we had when doing a ship boarding it never seemed like enough. We also never got nearly enough ammo on recon missions, had anything turned bad, and quite frequently it did we would end up using enemy weapons, thank the US for sending us to 5+ months of weapons school.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
As many as you can!

Reactions: Denton

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
When My youngest son, was in Iraq, in medic helicopters, he was the only one allowed a long gun (as crew chief). He had the standard load on his harness, plus the M9 and its mags. However, he had a back pack in the bird, that had 1000 rds in mags "just in case" well that is what he told me anyway.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I haven't counted for awhile, but I believe that I have a total of 20 thirty rd mags for 2 ARs. I have about 5 twenty rd mags.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I had 6 on my vest one in my gun. But we had 3 50 cal cans full of loaded mags in our truck. Can easily fit about a dozen mags in each can. Each guy in the truck had access to almost 20 mags! That's 600 rounds!

Personally I keep 5 mags loaded in a can with an extra 400 rounds on stripper clips with a couple of stripper spoons in the can. I neer touch that ammo. My rifle bag has 6 more loaded mags in it. Another 200 rounds on stripper clips with more stripper spoons.

My pistol bag has 15 mags loaded at all times, equals about 250 rounds of 9mm, all the mags work in both my glocks.

Mags are disposable, I buy a few every now and again, rotate use to periodically check function and to keep first in first out ammo rotation.

I would guess I have almost 20 glock mags, around 18 ar mags and half dozen 1911 mags. That's enough for me and the little lady to get anywhere we need to go.
If you had said Ruger and Taurus instead of Glocks, I would have thought you were peeking in my closet. :D I have everything locked and loaded (about 1k), packed in the bags, and another ammo can with about 1k more for each caliber. I might not go far, but I'll have fun along the way. Now that I think about it, I think I need to go shopping. :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
I haven't counted for awhile, but I believe that I have a total of 20 thirty rd mags for 2 ARs. I have about 5 twenty rd mags.
Gotta love ( and have) plenty of 20 rounders for shooting from a vehicle

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. What great responses! I already feel I should order more and have them stacked and packed.

·
22,017 Posts
As many as I can get.

Just ordered more 10/22 mags. .22LR will be the round of choice for zombies.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Infantry Basic Load for carry is 7 mags.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Probably none.
I cant afford the cost of ammo in Canada its so damn expensive. So I am trying to reload my own but its been almost 5 months now for my first set of bullets and brass to come in. Im being told that its just typical wait time at the Can/US border.
Thats a small order just to test a few reloads and see how they work with my gun before I make the real order... soooo lets see.
I should be ready to reload some time in 2014 ??

If the shit does hit the fan before then... I have a nice broadsword :D

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
~ "How Many Magazines are You Expecting to Need for "When Zombies Attack"~

Zombies were/ will be used as bait...."Shark bait"....Never wanna sit and have dinner with `em...hit and run drives them nuts.
`In answer to the question....Lucky # has always been 7`

1 - 20 of 36 Posts