Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all, I assume, own a Taurus. How many owners here have had to return one for warranty repairs?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have not. Had a problem with the recoil spring but they are sending one without sending the gun back.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
My return of a PT111 Pro, was handled by the selling dealer, and the FFL, so yes I returned a firearm, but there was only a 24 hour delay, as they replaced it immediately with a new gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to send my 650 CIA SS back. The gun was brand new with less than 100 rounds of 38 special Winchester White box run through it at the range. Firing pin assembly needed to be replaced. Taurus sent replacement parts twice but they sent the wrong parts both times due to a glitch in their computer. Last customer service person I spoke with was going to get the correct parts and call me back. Never got a call. Sent the gun back to Taurus at my expense. They had it for eight weeks. When I got it back, they had replaced the firing pin, spring, bushing, and retaining pin. The firing pin would stick and not retract on its own. I guess the gunsmith didn't check his work before they sent it back to me. I fixed the sticking problem myself and then traded it in on a Smith & Wesson 340SS that so far has been absolutely reliable. Would the Taurus have been ok, and not had any more problems, had I kept it? Well maybe, but "maybe" isn't good enough for a carry gun. Lost around a hundred bucks on the trade plus the thirty six bucks it had cost me to ship it back to Taurus. Not bashing Taurus, just stating facts.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
My PT 92 is just under one year old, (Jan 07). Other than one FTF with crappy range loads, it's been 100%. I even let it get dirty, not cleaning it for 250 rounds, still 100%.
The minor problem of it shooting very low is just about gone, maybe 1 or 2 inches at 10 yards. That's surely acceptable for a service gun. And I think it's still improving. When I break the 1000 round mark, I'll figure that's where it will shoot.
No return here.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I returned my 444 UltraLite because the front fiber optic sight was missing right out of the box. Not really warranty work. And the gun is perfect besides that along with my other 4 Taurus firearms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had to return a 44 special for failure to fire and bad point of impact problems.

I've had a barrel shoot loose in the frame on a Raging Bull 454.

I've had a 44 Magnum Tracker that was timed late from the factory and they have it now for repair.

I have a M85 that is excellent.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Newbie here, just wanted to chime in that I've had to send both my PT140 and my PT1911 in for things that my father or I screwed up, and they didn't charge me a dime, paid the shipping back to me, and I had them back in two weeks. I'm totally committed to Taurus because of their cusomter service, I'm sorry to those that had problems, They've been great IMHO. I would buy from them over all other brands, great company.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had to return my PT145 (2nd gen) in September when the slide rail broke at the range. Bought it brand new last January. Called Taurus on 11/27, spoke to "Frank"...he said it would be ready within a week and a half. Still don't have it back. This was my third call to them since I started calling the beginning of November. This was the only call where someone could actually give me a time estimate. Needless to say I haven't been impressed with the quality of the gun or the customer service. :( When and IF the gun comes back I'll keep it for target but have since bought a new Glock 19 for my CCW and absolutely love it.

Oh yeah, and the crappy website of theirs is a fair representation of how they do business.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The shop where bought my PT111 sent it off on the 13th of last month to be repaired. I called Taurus last week (a month later) they said it was received there on the 15th, just two days after I took it back to the dealer. They told me it would take six weeks from the time they received it to be repaired and returned. So, I'm hoping it'll be back the first week of January.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had to send my brand new 24/7 back the beginning of Nov. More the six weeks later still don't have it back. I called them last week and CS told me they are running a couple of weeks behind so they hope the can have it back to me in a couple of weeks. I think six weeks for a mag dropping problem is a little too much. I can't figure out why S&W's turn around time is two weeks and Taurus's is six plus. Liked the gun for the short time I had it but will use my S&W M&P for my carry weapon. I just don't want to put my life on the line with the Taurus until it proves itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just recieved my mag assembly from taurus, will be trading it in on a springfield xd 40 sub compact tommorow,i don't trust this gun any more

·
Registered
354 Posts
I sent a M80 .38 spec blued revolver that I bought in 1988 in for warranty work earlier this year. Reason?...since I've had it the cylinder had lateral runout in it and it would touch the forcing cone especially after heating up from firing a few rounds. Reason I waited so long is procrastination and until recently I wasn't that interested in shooting the gun that much. Initially I was going to trade it for something else because of that but another member reminded me that I could sent it in for lifetime warranty work, so I did.

They kept the gun for a good 8-10 weeks, but they repaired it correctly and it worked fine when I got it back. I was so happy with it that I even bought a rubber Hogue grip for it to replace the lousy wood ones that came with it, lightened the trigger and hammer spring, and what a shooter it is now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm a happy Taurus PT1911 owner. Haven't had a problem with it, but only have a little over 500 rounds through it. I don't expect to have to ship it to Taurus ever.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I sent both a PT111 & a PT140 3rd generations in for the same things. The recoil spring assemblies sticking out of the front of the slide after shooting them. The PT140 had about 2,000 rounds thru it. The PT111 had exactly57 rounds thru it. They were both in the shop for 3 months. Have them both back and love them both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a 24/7 .45 Pro. Out of the box it didn't fire. Shipped it back to Taurus, they replaced the barrel. It's worked perfectly since. I want a Taurus 1911.

·
Registered
32 Posts
24/7 Pro 9 mil - Sent back three times for one cracked slide, finally replaced the gun and it functions great

PT145 - Nasty feed ramp which my buddy is fluffing right out of the box

617 Ti - Third time back for action locking up, twice the cylinder chipped. Bad center pin, waiting for it to show back up.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.