Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be a fun poll! :)

For me, it used to be one.

Then, I messed up my wrist, and, had to spend two months left-handed. Got me a NICE Firestar (lefty, SA), to carry.

Here lately, since I've learned to shoot lefty, I've been carrying the Firestar Weakside, and, the 140MilPro Strongside...

Not everywhere mind you, especially not to work....

Sadly, I think the firestar's overtaking the 140 as my primary carry :( Yeah, it's THAT good....

·
Registered
37 Posts
if the reasoning for carrying a bug is taken to the extreme, we would all be outfitted like rambo or arnold. i really can't imagine a real life situation where i, pastor paul, would ever need more than 11 rounds. i have all the confidence in the pistols i carry and am fairly confident in my being able to use them effectively.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What movie was it (maybe Police Academy?) where the guy and gal were about to get naked and they kept pulling guns out of different places in thir clothes? I think maybe 10 or 11 got dropped on the floor!

Todd

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bonedigger
It was ( Police Academy ) I still grin when I think About Tackelberry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My favorite movie was (The Matrix). When Neo was asked to open his coat after the metal detector beeped. Now that was CONCEALED CARRY

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NDN-MAN said:
My favorite movie was (The Matrix). When Neo was asked to open his coat after the metal detector beeped. Now that was CONCEALED CARRY
HAHAHA! Indeed! :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
If I carry a 5 shooter I carry 2 most of the time. If I carry the 7 shooter it's 1, sometimes 2. If I carry 3 I add a NAA 22 mag. (allways Revolvers)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to agree with Pastor Paul. If I can't do it with elevin I probably can't do any better with more. If you do it right it should only take one or mayby two

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Amen!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Define carry? Usually in my main vehicle...

AR15 pistol, 7" barrel (front seat of truck)
Winchester 1200 (18" barrel, pistol grip stock, behind front seat)
Full size rifle (usually something in 308. & scoped behind backseat of truck)
Usually 2 handguns, depending what I am doing, 2 mags minimum per pistol, with plenty more in truck (24/7 45cal. & pt145 both use 24/7 mags for spares).

I am not paranoid, just prefer to be prepared. I keep a bug-out bag, IIIA body armor & full trama 1st Aid kit in my truck too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in Michigan when our shall issue went into effect the first permits said at the top, "Concealed Pistols Permit".

Then when renewal time came around it was changed to read "Concealed Pistol Permit"

The plural went away. So now I only carry one.

I do carry a spare magazine. Although not for the additional rounds, but for the possibility of a failed magazine.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I must addmit I have never talked to anyone that used there gun in self defence. I have only read letters in the American Rifleman and on the net. I never herd of a shooting that the person ran out of ammo and lost. I never herd of anybody that had to reload. You here this happen to Police but thats it. What have you herd??

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think most carry backup not in case of running out of ammo, but incase of weapon failure.

I know that's why I carry a spare magazine. I've had mag failure at the range. Not often mind you, but it does happen.

·
Registered
790 Posts
There was a thread a while back on the Kel Tec forum where a member describes an incident where he was forced to shoot a pit bull that was attacking another dog at an animal shelter facility. He drew a P11 9mm, fired off a number (?) of rounds at the beast, then did a tactical reload to finish him off. I guess the pit bull took a number of rounds before it finally dropped. If I remember correctly, he was using CorBon JHP.
Here is the thread:

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5960

Interesting reading material!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Flyer: I drive a Ford x-cab 4x4 truck most of the time and I like to be prepared... ;)

comet66: I could be wrong, but I think you will find, that you can basically carry as many firearms on your person as you can, the "S" was a grammar typo that was fixed. I have yet to see any state that allows CCW that restricts the number you can carry, some restrict caliber in odd ways. Here in IOWA if you take your test with a 380. you can't carry anything above that because they go by bullet size, not casing, unless you re-take the test. I can carry an AR15 pistol in 223 because it has a 22cal bullet... and it is smaller then the 45cal I took the test with (gotta love following the letter of the law...). I haven't figured out how to carry the AR15 pistol concealed with a 100rd BETA-C mag yet ;)

Dave The average person will never need to use their weapon, ever... But it is nice to know its there as a "Last Resort", never let it be your first response. If you need to use it, remember that ever bullet going down range has a prosecuting attorney attached to... (lawsuits and legal BS afterwards). If bad things do happen, most people don't handle what they have done well. At some point it will hit you, regardless of what you where protecting and/or the out come when it happened. Don't be afraid to seek someone you can confide in, seriously.

In reality, if you must shoot. Odds are you won't be shooting more the a couple of rds to end or alter the situation, but you just never know... Carry what is realistically practical for you or your situation without being a nutcase. My carry is geared for semi-professional reason, which explains why I carry the body armor.

Anyone else own body armor? It really isn't a bad idea to own...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why I can carry the things I do, is the way I dress. I carry most of the time a pocket knife, flashlight, cell phone, wallet, pepperspray, 2 speedloaders, and 2 five shooters. The guns are placed for strong and week hand access. I hope this doesn't lable me a nutcase. The last thing I whant to do is use my weapon. In the classes I have taken you learn If you win you still loose. So far in 55 1/2 years I haven't been in a situation ware I evan felt better that I was carrying. I carry because I can. My list of things I have and NEVER care to need are a Home Burgler/Fire Alarm, Fire Extinguisher,Spare, Tire, Jumppercables, Guns.......well the list could get verry long I'll stop here.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I watched a Aussie Zombie movie awhile back and the guy that seem to always have the gun in the show happened to to buc-nekkid in one scene, where he magically pulled out a pair of full size 1911's from behind his back (think they were in his crack...), the girl next to him said something like "I don't even want to know where you had those hidden...." Guess you'd have to see the movie to get the joke ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts