Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long was your gun at Taurus for warranty repair? Did they charge you anything? Any communication between you and Taurus during the repair?

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I sent in a slide for repair once. It took about 3 weeks to get it back, and I called once to check up on it. They also replaced the front slide for some reason - I didn't request them to do that, but they must have seen something wrong. No charge whatsoever.

·
Registered
279 Posts
my 617 took 4 weeks and that was with memorial weekend in the middle of it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
5 Weeks on a 24/7 40 cal.
They reworked the whole gun as I got an un shootable one NIB.
They adjusted the slide put in a new barrel and reworked the trigger group.
When I got the pistol back, they sent a target back with range notes and a test fire of the pistol on a bench along with the signature of the Taurus Gun Smith that did the work.
I am very please with the service.
I will say this, the repair dept does NOT tell customer service when they will return ship, they will NOT call or email you either. One day the repair dept just ships it out.
Then they notify customer service and provide a tracking number to them along with a report of what was done.
So, you need to call them, call them OFTEN.
I made about 5 calls, to get info on my firearms repair status, customer service could only say it was at the repair dept and when the firearm was checked into their facility.
The last I made at 3 in the afternoon call yielded me my FedEx tracking number and a rep that told me what they did and had to do, I had it back the next day.
As for the customer service people themselves!
I give them High Marks along with the quality of the work done!
I know of no other gun maker that gives you this kind of service!
Kudos to Forjas Taurus!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If I remember correctlly, it took 8 weeks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They had my 24/7 OSS in their shop for 33 days. Then sent it back with a note saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it...

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is what they did for me, waited a month, but here is the test target they sent back.
Click to see it up close.

Here is the repair Invoice.

It took about 5 weeks and calling as much as I could, but they made good on it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, well it beats the 10 low and 8 left it was at before.
Past 9 yards, I don't worry about it for defense, it is not a match target pistol you know.

·
Registered
147 Posts
TheBulldog said:
Yeah, well it beats the 10 low and 8 left it was at before.
Past 9 yards, I don't worry about it for defense, it is not a match target pistol you know.
At least you were able to see some improvement on yours. I can't really say that about my OSS as they didn't send anything except a note saying they couldn't find anything wrong. Problem is now i can't trust the gun for defensive purposes so went out today and bought me a new Sprinfield XD.

·
Registered
509 Posts
James41 said:
At least you were able to see some improvement on yours. I can't really say that about my OSS as they didn't send anything except a note saying they couldn't find anything wrong. Problem is now i can't trust the gun for defensive purposes so went out today and bought me a new Sprinfield XD.
Took it to the range last night and popped off 100 rounds in like a half hour.
We took turns with it and it was good to go and on the money.
We decided to shoot PARTS of the silhouette target, IE arm, Groin, Head.
The rounds all went where we aimed almost exactly.
I am pleased with the VAST improvements on the firearm.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Accuracy wasn't that big a deal on mine. I figured a little tweaking on the sights would get it up to snuff there, it is the no fire issue that prevents me from using it as a defense gun. 5 no fires out of 200 rounds and the factory can find "no problem"...

·
Registered
509 Posts
James41 said:
Accuracy wasn't that big a deal on mine. I figured a little tweaking on the sights would get it up to snuff there, it is the no fire issue that prevents me from using it as a defense gun. 5 no fires out of 200 rounds and the factory can find "no problem"...
Did you ever disassemble the striker?
Mine was FULL of the packaging protectant.
You know the stuff that makes the gun sticky when you pull it out of the packaging!
Makes a difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sent my 45 0SS to have trigger repaired on 06-27-08, Received pistol back to day a 1pm.
Was at range by 1:30.
I can only say WOW, does this Taurus ever shoot, best 25 yard groups I have ever shot with a 45 that had not had extensive work done to enhance accuracy.
Very happy.
Hillbilly Jim

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Man - thats less than a month !! Not too shabby......glad to hear they fixed it right.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hope some of you can help me with this one. I have a first generation PT-145 that I sent the broken recoil spring in for warranty repair December 20, 2007 . I call every couple of weeks and they say the part is not in yet. I am in my SEVENTH month waiting for a spring. The customer service people are nice but they have not been helpful at all they say it is on backorder. Any ideas?

·
Registered
173 Posts
toyman said:
Hope some of you can help me with this one. I have a first generation PT-145 that I sent the broken recoil spring in for warranty repair December 20, 2007 . I call every couple of weeks and they say the part is not in yet. I am in my SEVENTH month waiting for a spring. The customer service people are nice but they have not been helpful at all they say it is on backorder. Any ideas?
I feel your pain. Like you, I have called Taurus Miami multiple times (as has my dealer) and have been waiting for Taurus to replace the slide on my PT92 for 6 months (and still waiting). I must say that while I love my Taurus guns, I am so far unimpressed with their repair turn around time. I could have had custom holsters made for me in less time :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for the response Schlemer. At least I know that I am not the only one. What is sad is that I have three PT-145s but only the one had issues.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts