Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this idea the other day. Now, I've been looking on the forum for a
previous post about this topic. If by chance, it was already posted, pardon the
duplication. Anyway, I'll start: I received my CCW on the 25th of January of 2005.

That gives me 2 1/2 years carrying CCW. What about the rest of you good folks?
I know that there are lots of folks that have been CCW for many more years than I.
Let's see 'em!

Skipper....

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have had my CHL now for 6 months. I love it. I feel way more secure than I ever have.

BTW, I may be incorrect about this, but doesn't CCW mean Concealed Carry Weapon?

CHL: Concealed Handgun License
CHP: Concealed Handgun Permit
CCW: Concealed carry Weapon

Todd

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey BoneDigger:

That was great! And you are exactly right. It should be in the CCW section!
What the heck was I thinking?! It does make perfect sense. Thank you for moving
the thread. :D :D

Oh by the way: I believe you are correct. CCW(Concealed Carry Weapon)

Skipper....

·
Registered
126 Posts
From my understanding the verbage varies by state. The state calls it a CCW Permit here.

I actually sent my paperwork in over 2 months ago, still not back. They are running 12-16 weeks here. I have carried concealed in my truck since taking the class in Dec. (and finding out that is was legal here). I also own my own business, so I am in my truck or at my desk 95% of the day and I carry in the office.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've had my permit roughly 5 years. After a while you do feel strange without a weapon on you.

Different states call it different things. Here in Mn, its a Carry Permit. Concealment isn't required but it recommended.

Steelheart

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I don't have one yet, but in Florida it's a C.W.P. Concealed Weapons Permit. It's not just for handguns, but also covers pepper spray of over a certain strength, and edged weapons.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My wife and I have been since 1995 here in FL. I got my Makarov and Taurus PT92AF that year. My wife got here SW .38 Airlite about the same time.

Jim

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've been carrying concealed since 1971, when I was sworn in as a Police Officer, in Southern Calif., so if my math is correct, 36 years. (gee, how time flies.)

I'm fortunate to live in a state which permits retired police officers to carry, no permit required. As long as you have your retirement police ID, you're good to go.

For the past 3 years, I've qualified for nation wide concealed carry, under HR218, The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. In that capacity, I carry far & wide.
8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received my TN permit in Feb 06. I have basically carried daily since then. I had one in AL when I lived there, but rarely carried for some reason. If I am not carrying now, I am either asleep or in the shower.

David

·
Registered
212 Posts
1995 here in florida also and the first badge { that was the thing at first } was a five point star with the Fl. seal , ( they are outlawed now)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been carrying since about 1998, since I was 20 at any rate. In Indiana we can apply for and receive our must-issue permit at age 18, but I elected to train and be trained for two years before packing in public. I got used to a holster on my family's land.

So, 10 years, or most of my adult life.

Josh <><

·
Registered
98 Posts
The CHL (Concealed handgun license) has only been available in Kansas since Jan 2, 2007. Mine was issued on that date and I carry every day. ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
While Indiana's Personal Protection Permit is one of, if not the oldest, CCW inclusive permit in the nation (1932), I have only been carrying for 1.5 years now.

Loving every minute of it...

·
Registered
319 Posts
;D Since 02/2007 :) Can't carry at work (an international airport). But carry all of the rest of the time.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts