Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
8,986 Posts
They have been rolling in the new style grips- starting with the 856, then on to other models. My newest 44 tracker also had those on it, I still swapped out for a Hogue, but they were nice, just a bit small for my paws.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I like the looks of those.
Do they have the grip screw in the bottom instead of the side?
If so those would work nicely on my 617TTi.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty sure that's the newest iteration of grips. That bull logo looks like their newly designed one.
I have the latest 856 and 942. They have those grips. Way better than the "ribber" grips. I had those on my 692 and immediately replaced them with some nice wooden grips from Altamont.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the looks of those.
Do they have the grip screw in the bottom instead of the side?
If so those would work nicely on my 617TTi.

I'm didn't see the screw. But yeah, for me it turns a fairly plain looking revolver into something that actually looks mean now and modern. The Judge has always looked sorta outdated imo. This brings it up to date I think. The grip and matte black make it one of the better-looking revolvers to my eyes at least.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm didn't see the screw. But yeah, for me it turns a fairly plain looking revolver into something that actually looks mean now and modern. The Judge has always looked sorta outdated imo. This brings it up to date I think. Probably one of the better-looking revolvers in black to my eyes.
This is my Judge with a Pachmyer grip. I think it's a great look.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the latest 856 and 942. They have those grips. Way better than the "ribber" grips. I had those on my 692 and immediately replaced them with some nice wooden grips from Altamont.
I had a set of those ribber grips on my 992 tracker and I hated them. Way too soft to get a nice accurate shot. I swapped for a hogue monogrip like my GP100 and love it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That style's been around awhile. I'm thinking they just ran out of the old style on some of the larger pistols. That Bull Head logo is on my 856 and 605, and I've had them for years.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
They're a newer type of grips which I personally prefer to the older "Ribber™" grips.

I have a similar style of grips on my 2017 Taurus Judge Magnum, and they fit my hands much nicer than the stock Ribber™ grips the gun came with.

Of course, these factory grips being made of rubber rather than wood means they'll absorb recoil better, but I can't help but wonder how they compare to the old Ribber™ grips at the range?

·
Registered
101 Posts
BTW, That gun is awesome im pretty sure that's good at shooting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts