Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used 1911 from Cabela's last weekend. Took it to the range and had a few failure to eject. I'm going to try a different ammo brand again this weekend, but if it keeps it up i'm having cabela's send it out for work because i dont want to pay to get it fixed. Pretty sure its extractor because I couldnt even get the damn peice to fully come out when i disassembled the gun.

Main point of this thread is do any of you guys know long taurus takes for repairs? Anyone have personal experience sending there guns in for warranty repairs? Sorry not really a complaint thread, but figured it was best forum. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had to use service twice and live in Texas. About 10 days both times. Not bad at all.
Yeah i took the time to actually read other people's posts, 10 days seems to be a good number according the posts on this forum. I guess i can live with that. Got the paddle holster i ordered in the mail today, just wish my 1911 AR was working so i could carry it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
chances are it'll be a quick turnaround. how many rounds did you put through it? Did you do a through cleaning and relubing of the gun before shooting it? And definitely try different brands of ammo.

This is all just basic troubleshooting stuff. Give it a chance to break in. Pretend it's a kimber, except half the price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gun was used when i bought it. I cleaned it beforehand, and cleaned it afterwards. The main problem I also ran into was that i couldn't even remove the extractor when i disassembed the firearm. I tried every bit of instructions i could find online but it wouldnt come out, so i didnt want to sit here and damage the gun trying to get it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My extractor comes right out, sounds like you ought to have it looked at. The smiths around here dont want to touch my PT because they dont want to void the warranty so Taurus must have a good rep for warranty work.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Taurus will take good care of you.

My recommendation is to approach the customer service folks with courtesy and respect, and they'll turn around and give it right back. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I sent it out Friday evening to go back to Taurus. On monday they had recieved my 1911. About an hour ago the fed ex guy delivered it back to me. That was fast!! Paperwork said the barrel was replaced so hopefully when I shoot it over the weekend there will be no hiccups

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So taurus was great. I shipped the gun out on a friday and had it back in my hands on wednesday. They replaced the barrel. Took it to the range today and had 2 issues. Had 1 round in each of 2 magazines. Each time the round got stuck during ejecting/extraction. I couldnt really tell but it almost appeared that the round was hitting the top of the magazine. After the first 2 mags, I put like 6 more through it without an issue. I would like to shoot it again before i go straight to sending it back once again.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
You're just breaking in the new barrel. Put a minimum of 150 rounds through it (oh, the torture of it! THE HUMANITY!) before you decide to return the gun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try different ammo brands . I have a gun From Germany that will only shoot Ammo made in Europe (Fiocchi, Seller Bellet, PRVI Partistan) . Nobody can tell me why ? Gun cycles flawless with these brands.

Actually worked out foreign stuff a lot cheaper!

Game Warden told me service pistols will not cycle Winchester ranger Ammo, The department had to switch Ammo.

Just sent My Taurus 605 revolver in Monday, sent me email 4 weeks.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
For my Ultralight Judge, I got it back from Taurus today.

It was only away for 14 calendar days. ;)

The Home Defender is back on duty tonight. :cool:

·
Banned
80 Posts
So I bought a used 1911 from Cabela's last weekend. Took it to the range and had a few failure to eject. I'm going to try a different ammo brand again this weekend, but if it keeps it up i'm having cabela's send it out for work because i dont want to pay to get it fixed. Pretty sure its extractor because I couldnt even get the damn peice to fully come out when i disassembled the gun.

Main point of this thread is do any of you guys know long taurus takes for repairs? Anyone have personal experience sending there guns in for warranty repairs? Sorry not really a complaint thread, but figured it was best forum. Thanks
I sent my 709 in on a Mon and got it back that Fri 5 days pretty good. But it wasnt fixed either. I told customer service in detail the isues I am having with the gun. I also sent a detailed letter with the gun. They replaced the extractor and fired 7 rounds through it and sent it back to me. My other issues were not addresed. And I still have the FTE issue. They were quick but didnt get my problem fixed. My gun is back at Taurus now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts