Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent off my ap for my CCW here in the Sunshine state. I will post a reply to this thread when it arrives in the mail. I've been told as little as 10 days to as long and 90 days. Should be interesting to say the least. If you are in Florida and have recieved your CCW, how long did yours take?

:???:

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
It took about 4 weeks for mine and 3 weeks for my Dad's

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the electronic thing with the prints. Way easier than the last I did them in Illinois for a carry permit to work security/armored car. Hope it will be just a couple of weeks.

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Geez, here in TN they say 10 weeks when you apply. It has already been 4 weeks since I got printed electronically.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on the ap, it states answer in 90 days. At least something good does happen in florida. Right now 2 weeks or so is what I've been hearing the the shop where I took the class. Something in 2 weeks from the government when they don't want something from you, seems remarkable to me. We shall see.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was the opposite of madmax40, mine was 3 weeks and my dad's took 4. once the got his fingerprints legible, it seems the prints don't show up as well with age.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have everything for mine sitting here waiting to go except for my fingerprints. My local sheriff's office only does fingerprint scanning on Tues-Wed-Thurs, and my only day I'll be able to go there is Thursday. So that will get done then, and then its off to the state with a check to get my permit. It would be a good New Years Gift

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
340duster great handle. Neat old cars, go like he(), but after that, well you know.
+1 on a great New Years present. I should have mine hopefully next week or the following week.

Jim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not yet...... :???:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
When I was a FL resident I did the electronic fingerprints and it still took almost 4 weeks ( that was in Feb 07 )

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did the electronic prints and I got it in the mail exactly 18 days from the date I mailed it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: How long for Florida to issue? 4 weeks and one day

Low and behold, when I went out to the mail box this morning, what did I find? Why a letter from the state of FLorida with my CCW in it. 4 weeks and one day for license to be issued. Not too bad considering holidays and all. Now to excercise the right. :guns:

threefortyduster, did yours come yet? :???:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well, I just checked my bank account online, and the state cashed my check on Christmas Eve for the application, so I know its in their hands, and possibly on its way back to me. I guess we'll see within the next 7-10 business days :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It took almost 3 full weeks after the state cashed my check for it to get to me. Check cleared bank 12.07.07 and I received 12.26.07. Just letting you know what happened for me. So you should see yours in about 2-1/2 weeks or so.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts