Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take for Taurus to acknowledge on their website the receipt of a firearm for repair? Sent mine in 4/2. According to Fedex it was delivered at 10:30 am 4/4 but still no listing on their website under "repair status".

·
Registered
860 Posts
Don't put too much faith on the repair status. I sent my pt22 in for repairs not too long ago and got it back shortly after even though repairs were still in process. As long as they have you're firearm I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Usually within 48 hours but I have had a gun arrive, get fixed, and shipped back to me before the website said anything but "shipped". I have also received a lettr from Taurus stating that they have received the firearm after the firearm had already been returned. Don't worry, I am sure they will have your gun back to you soon.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks jr612 and ADN. That's reassuring. They told me 2 to 4 weeks for repairs when I originally called but I guess that's not too reliable either. Getting it fixed properly and back safely are the important things though.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
How long does it take for Taurus to acknowledge on their website the receipt of a firearm for repair? Sent mine in 4/2. According to Fedex it was delivered at 10:30 am 4/4 but still no listing on their website under "repair status".
Believe FED-X------LOL

·
Registered
644 Posts
I sent mine in on 3/26 and I see (on the web site) they recieved it on the 2nd. Recieved a letter today saying it will take up to 4 weeks to repair.
I am in no real hurry to get it back, have others.
Hope this helps?

·
Registered
703 Posts
When I sent my firearm in, they said that the incoming deliveries are quarantined, I think for a day or two, before they are opened, inspected, and sent for repair.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
So what do you think that is about?
Tarantulas, crawling out of the barrel and such, you know they (Taurus) are from South America!
I would imagine instead of runing down to the loading dock every time Fed -X drops off a shipment for repair they likely wait until they have several shipments and someone sits down at a computer and logs each weapon in at one time.

Reactions: sid1

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
That explains why they are so dirty when we get them. Spider poop.
One would think so if they didn't know about Clarence the cross eyed Brazilian (Jakes 4th cousin on his step uncles side) that works the grease pit and sight alignment line at Taurus.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One would think so if they didn't know about Clarence the cross eyed Brazilian (Jakes 4th cousin on his step uncles side) that works the grease pit and sight alignment line at Taurus.
No I didn't know about Clarence. I have heard about the grease pit - understand they have supplemented it with used motor oil. Guess you haven't heard that the sight alignment line has been discontinued for quite some time now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts