Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to send my pt 111 pro in for repairs... the magazines seem to have some feeding issues and the slide will not come back far enough to engage the slide lock. it gets within an 1/8 of an inch an stops just shy of engaging the slide lock. anyway was just wondering how long it normally take people to have their firearms returned to them after repairs are made..

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from TX! Depending on the extend of the repair, it will take as little as a few days to a couple of months or more. The avg time is 2 weeks. I sent my PT145 in for barrel replacement and it took 2 wks.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yep, it does vary a bit, depending on whether it needs adjustment, parts, or evaluation for replacement? After a couple of weeks I would have to call to check on it. 1-800-327-3776

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the misfortune to have it take almost 4 months. It wasn't even input into their Repair Status feature. After many phone calls I was told that my repair sheet was left on someone's desk who had overlooked it during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. I sent it in October and received it in mid January. Probably just one of those things but my experience is that of irresponsibility and unorganized employees

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have unforutnatly had to send my PT709SS back 3 times. Each and every time it has been less than 4 weeks and CS has always been top notch. Issues ranged from new firing pin spring and missing parts? for light primer strikes, replaced barrel, ejector, trigger bar, sear, for off center primer striks with FTF and failure of DA, so except for complete replacement I think Ive seen a full spectrum of issues.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Out of all the Taurus firearms I've ever owned only one needed to be returned to Miami for repair, one of the early release 800 series pistols. Taurus had it for exactly a month and then it was back in my hands. Since then it's performed flawlessly, in fact better than my G22 has. Seems that since that time their turnaround is even quicker, two weeks is impressive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had to send my pt 111 pro in for repairs... the magazines seem to have some feeding issues and the slide will not come back far enough to engage the slide lock. it gets within an 1/8 of an inch an stops just shy of engaging the slide lock. anyway was just wondering how long it normally take people to have their firearms returned to them after repairs are made..
'

I just got my PT100 back after about 3 1/2 weeks. It was having FTE problems. Sometimes a little slow to get someone on the phone, other times no problem. Gun's a champ now. Works like a dream. Still the best warranty/service in the biz.
memphismark

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Since I have so many other guns (which work fine) around, turn around time, while important overall, wouldn't give me hesitation on sending one in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine ended up being 4 weeks on the dot. I guess when they gave that as an estimate in the initial email they sent me they weren't kidding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just sent in my TX22 and my G2C. TX slide isn’t catching after last round and the G2C has a trigger issue. I hated sending both but, they need to function properly. TX is my range money saver and G2C is my carry. I have others around thankfully.

·
Super Moderator
36,086 Posts
I just sent in my TX22 and my G2C. TX slide isn’t catching after last round and the G2C has a trigger issue. I hated sending both but, they need to function properly. TX is my range money saver and G2C is my carry. I have others around thankfully.
Thanks! Let us know progress please, so we'll have a current picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sure will

·
Registered
47 Posts
they have changed the web page on status now. all i see on mine is "in repair". its used to say " waiting for parts" .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just wrote about my experience: less than 2 weeks total! This is beginning of 2021, for a time frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Taurus PT92AF in late May, I sent it in, in early June to have it refinished. Taurus USA decided the last week in December to replace the pistol because they could not seem to get parts for the gun. Their communication is nonexistent and customer service is a joke. This is my first purchase of a Taurus firearm and I bought it because I had heard so many good things about Taurus. So far, I am not seeing anything to brag about. I will finally be picking up my replacement pistol this weekend, 33 weeks after sending my original pistol in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts