Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, i sent my pt 111 in to have the polymer fixed. it has a crack along the right side of the gun. i was told it could take 6 weeks to fix it. does it really take that long or is that what they say to keep you from calling?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Just like with any repair, how long it actually takes depends on the complexity of the repair, and how much work they currently have in front of them.

I've seen folks on this forum report getting their gun back in 2 weeks after being told 6 weeks, and I've seen some folks say they got it back in 8 weeks after being told the same 6 weeks.

I definitely prefer them going ahead and erring on the side of caution and telling me 6 weeks, as opposed to the practices of some repair businesses.

Ever gotten an estimate from an auto or home repair business?

Every single time I've ever had my car or house worked on, it ALWAYS took longer than the estimate... sometimes 4 or 5 times as long. Now that's infuriating.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
It also depends on whether the replacement parts are in stock in Miami. Taurus replaced the barrel of my PT145 in 10 days but it took 4 months for them to replace the barrel on my 24/7 G2 .45 because they needed to order it from Brazil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
howd you crack it. i dropped mine about 6 feet from the ground to concrete, barely left a scratch

·
Registered
23 Posts
It also depends on whether the replacement parts are in stock in Miami. Taurus replaced the barrel of my PT145 in 10 days but it took 4 months for them to replace the barrel on my 24/7 G2 .45 because they needed to order it from Brazil.
4 months? Even having to order it from Brazil, that is unacceptable. I could take a rowboat from Miami to Brazil and back quicker than that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
*shudder*
I sent my PT140 in for repair on the 11th. I am really hoping to get a pleasant surprise box from Miami soon but I want my gun to be right so I am patient as well. (My inner child keeps telling me that instant gratification isn't soon enough however.)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
it was cracked when i bought it, the crack was hid under a slip on grip.
Wow, if that was sold to you that way, somebody would have some 'splaining to do and some financial amends to make.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, if that was sold to you that way, somebody would have some 'splaining to do and some financial amends to make.[/QUOTE

The person I got it from is no where to be found. He wont answer phone calls text emails . Hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wow, if that was sold to you that way, somebody would have some 'splaining to do and some financial amends to make.[/QUOTE

The person I got it from is no where to be found. He wont answer phone calls text emails . Hopefully they can fix it.
Wow man, that is a bummer. Some people are so shady. I hope its trip to Miami is a short one for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow man, that is a bummer. Some people are so shady. I hope its trip to Miami is a short one for you.

Yea the only problem is i don't know if any shade tree gun smithing has been done to void the warranty. This is the first and last private sale for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts