Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just wondering how long did it take you to get your carry permitte?
im going on 90 days now.here in IL with know finger prints. im going
to check to see if it has went active yet

Take Care and thanks for shareing
Jeff:cool:

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Last time for me, in Texas, it was around 30 days or so if I remember correctly, I definitely dont remember it being more than 45.

Good luck up there, I home it gets there soon!

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Eight days over a holiday weekend for the initial permit, took five days for my renewal.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Hi Guys

It took me about 65 days, but I submitted fingerprints. Florida was going to require them anyway. Florida took a little longer (about 4 months), but I thought they could use the same prints Illinois used, so my application there was delayed until I corrected the error.

Have you checked the website? If it has been 90 days, you should be able to log in and see whether there has been any trouble processing your application. You should be able to check it out here: https://www.ccl4illinois.com/ccw/public/home.aspx

If there haven't been any problems, then you should get it soon. If there was a deficiency, you should contact them to straighten it out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Georgia has a legal maximum of 45 days, with specific breakdowns as to how long each stage can take. Some counties claim to be "backlogged" and attempt to take longer. Unfortunately, probate judges issue the permits and other judges are reluctant to hold them accountable. I.E you can sue, but most judges simply won't enforce the plain language of the law against another judge.

·
10,379 Posts
Wisconsin put a deadline in theirs that had teeth so for the first month they had something like 28 days and then after that it's 21 days (IIRC). I submitted mine the first day the law went into effect and had my CWL back in under 23 days. Hearing reports of under 7 days now that we're firing on all cylinders.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
From the day I mailed the completed paperwork package to the day I got my permit in the mail- 2 weeks to the day.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Once I completed class and submit certificate - 12 days I had plastic. All other requirements had been settled on line along with electronic fingerprints prior to class.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Two weeks for my Texas CHL renewal in Aug 2014 from the day I filled out the online application and submitted the renewal payment.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
It took me five weeks back in 2010 to get my carry permit in North Carolina. I'm going to have
to renew it by March of next year. I wish my state offered lifetime permits!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi Guys

Two weeks, in Pa. The deputy apologized, but said they were swamped.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
If I remember correctly, it was only 3 1/2 weeks.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
In Mississippi, on first-time applicants, the issuing agency usually tells the applicant that their permit will be mailed within 45 days. I received mine on day 41.

Renewals are much quicker.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It took mine a little over 30 days in AZ...

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Just like you, I'm in Illinois and also submitted my app without prints. My app was approved electronically after 101 days and I received the hard copy within a week of that. Sounds like you're close. Hang in there.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Took about a week or so.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Mine was either 60 or 90 days.... :(

1 - 20 of 82 Posts