Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered and paid for a Taurus M65 .357 mag, 4" barrel, blued , rubber grips and a PT-809 full size blued 2 weeks ago.

Still have not heard a word from my LGS about them.

Okay, to be honest - I don't know if that's a long time or not, but when I ordered my PT 24/7 G2 9mm last year, it took 8 days to come in.

Called the LGS today and it was painfully obvious that the guy who answered the phone was new( they had advertised two positions recently) and had no clue:

Me: "I'm calling about an order I placed 2 weeks ago."

New Guy: "Okay, let me check "( put on hold)...........................( taken off hold) "Sir, can I get your name?

Me: " Figured you would need it. Fisher. Order number 122XXXXX. Two guns. Taurus M65 .357 and a PT 809.

NG: " A .65 caliber and a 109?"

Me: "No, a M65 in .357 magum and a PT 809 in 9mm."

NG : Let me check.............I'm not seeing an order placed for that. Did you order from us?"

Me: " Yes, I came into the store, told John M. what I wanted, he filled out all the info on your computer and then I paid for it. Then he gave me a receipt and by the time I got home, I had an e-mail with an order confirmation too.

NG: " Does John M work here?"

Me: "I hope so, because he used your computer to order two guns and charged me for it."

NG: " Did you order the .356 and the 890 online?"

Me: "No, I ordered a .357 and a 9mm from John, the manager of your store, in person, face to face. He filled out all the info on your computer and I then paid for the guns."

NG: " I don't think we ordered anything, but we'll call you when it comes in."

Me: "Okay, thanks. I'll just come in tomorrow and talk to John.

NG: "Do you need directions to the store?

I just hung up. I had to because I was about to say something smart-assed that I might regret later.

Now, like I said, the guy is obviously new to the job, and new to guns.

The gunshop itself is a great store and it's my main go to. I have bought 6 guns from them so far.

Gonna just drop in tomorrow to see what the real deal is.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Only took a little over a week to get my M65 in to my lgs.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I ordered my 809 online and picked it up within a week. My online store has brick and mortar store front locally so I ordered online and they were the local ffl. 2 weeks is getting a little long I would think, but I still consider myself a newbie.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
after a week I will give my LGS a courtesy call. after two and no info, I would go in with my receipt.

·
22,843 Posts
Holy crap, where did they find that genius? You'd think an LGS would always have knowledgeable people, since half the clientele probably applies whenever they post a job ad. And the only reason the other half doesn't apply is because they or their spouse know the job would drive them to bankruptcy.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Ordered and paid for a Taurus M65 .357 mag, 4" barrel, blued , rubber grips and a PT-809 full size blued 2 weeks ago.

Still have not heard a word from my LGS about them.

Okay, to be honest - I don't know if that's a long time or not, but when I ordered my PT 24/7 G2 9mm last year, it took 8 days to come in.

Called the LGS today and it was painfully obvious that the guy who answered the phone was new( they had advertised two positions recently) and had no clue:

Me: "I'm calling about an order I placed 2 weeks ago."

New Guy: "Okay, let me check "( put on hold)...........................( taken off hold) "Sir, can I get your name?

Me: " Figured you would need it. Fisher. Order number 122XXXXX. Two guns. Taurus M65 .357 and a PT 809.

NG: " A .65 caliber and a 109?"

Me: "No, a M65 in .357 magum and a PT 809 in 9mm."

NG : Let me check.............I'm not seeing an order placed for that. Did you order from us?"

Me: " Yes, I came into the store, told John M. what I wanted, he filled out all the info on your computer and then I paid for it. Then he gave me a receipt and by the time I got home, I had an e-mail with an order confirmation too.

NG: " Does John M work here?"

Me: "I hope so, because he used your computer to order two guns and charged me for it."

NG: " Did you order the .356 and the 890 online?"

Me: "No, I ordered a .357 and a 9mm from John, the manager of your store, in person, face to face. He filled out all the info on your computer and I then paid for the guns."

NG: " I don't think we ordered anything, but we'll call you when it comes in."

Me: "Okay, thanks. I'll just come in tomorrow and talk to John.

NG: "Do you need directions to the store?

I just hung up. I had to because I was about to say something smart-assed that I might regret later.

Now, like I said, the guy is obviously new to the job, and new to guns.

The gunshop itself is a great store and it's my main go to. I have bought 6 guns from them so far.

Gonna just drop in tomorrow to see what the real deal is.
I ordered a Mossberg MVP from Bud's on the 11th and somehow communications got messed up and the LGS guy got sick and will be out until the 24th. I should be able to get the gun the 25th.

As mentioned, the rifle was ordered the 11th of Feb. Delivered to LGS on Fri 13th Feb. I don't know whether the 13th is lucky or unlucky. 2 day delivery service...that's good. Sick FFL guy...no, thats bad. Mine delivered the day he got sick...safe inside the store. That's gooood. Everyone else's guns stuck at the central terminal of UPS...thats baaaad. The local UPS manager actually told me UPS is anti gun. I have had 2 guns opened and one damaged and i had to send it back for repairs. UPS denied responsibility.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told they were in stock in their "warehouse" which is really their distributor.

·
Registered
675 Posts
God forbid he ordered from Bud's. I ordered a CZ Rami from them. Took 31 days for my FFL to receive it. I called Bud's pretty often to ck on my order. They said it shipped 2 days after receiving my order.
Long story short, it was shipped by Bud's 2 days prior to delivery, according to FED-EX's label. So, where was it for 28 days? Only God and Bud's know.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, they don't order from other dealers unless it's some kind of special hard to find item. They have their non public distributors they get from. They are a Class III dealer.

I mean, they will do FFL transfers if I order something from Buds or whoever, but they don't order from other gun dealers.

Reactions: Dan51

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nah, they don't order from other dealers unless it's some kind of special hard to find item. They have their non public distributors they get from. They are a Class III dealer.

I mean, they will do FFL transfers if I order something from Buds or whoever, but they don't order from other gun dealers.
Got ya.
Most of the time, ordering from a distributor is best.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE Drove over to my LGS to see what up and hand them my paperwork.

With the guy looking at the computer, all indications are that I didn't place an order.

So he digs a little bit deeper and say that it shows I have a PT 809 on layaway.

He tells me to hang tight, gets up and goes in the back. Comes out and says my PT 809 is there but no M65.

Taped to the case of the PT 809 is a receipt showing I paid in full for both guns and that it was obviously entered into the computer system at some point as I am holding a paper showing both were paid for with all those model, stock, upc and manufacture codes on the paper.

Well, the best we can figure is that it's a glitch. They have had a few lately because they opened a new location up about 15 miles down the road. They just tied the computer system in from the new store to the existing store about 3 days before I placed my order.

They way they are set up, when you order something you give them your e-mail or phone # so they can message you. When they open the cases of stuff, they scan everything with one of those grocery store bar code readers and the computer sends an automatic message to you.

My Pt 809 had been there for a week. Computer glitched that too.

Pictures will be on my next thread.

·
Administrator
40,172 Posts
I've only ordered twice. (Bud's) Received both firearms in under 10 days. The rest I've bought in person, and walked out of the store with them, within minutes of first seeing them.

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've only ordered twice. (Bud's) Received both firearms in under 10 days. The rest I've bought in person, and walked out of the store with them, within minutes of first seeing them.

Now that you put it that way. let me clarify:

I went into my LGS and ordered them because they did not have one under the glass at the counter. I went to LGS to order, not online from home.

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
It is for reasons like this that I would only use the LGS where I was better know.

Let me explain - there are three to five "guns available " stores in town; three are pawn Shops and two are dedicated to fishing, hunting, camping (etc) - and one of these two is GUNS/AMMO only (no archery, fishing, etc).

This one (firearms and shooting only) is where I'm known on sight - casual relationships going back decades. So, if I were to order a firearm online, it would be via this store to cut down on possible confusion. Oh, and everyone there is extremely firearm knowledgable!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's my regular go to shop. 4 out of 6 employees know me by name.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts