Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been dry practicing with my "new" 85UL alot. I did it so much, the bottom sideplate screw, the one that holds the crain in place fell out. Sigh. I found, by the grace of God, the screw and the pin but not the spring.

Question. Will Taurus send me a spring or will thy want the gun?

·
Registered
351 Posts
So I've been dry practicing with my "new" 85UL alot. I did it so much, the bottom sideplate screw, the one that holds the crain in place fell out. Sigh. I found, by the grace of God, the screw and the pin but not the spring.

Question. Will Taurus send me a spring or will thy want the gun?
Call them Monday morning. I had a loose rear sight problem with my M44C Tracker and when I called them, they immediately sent me a complete new rear sight assembly including the spring and mounting pin. Tell Custmer Service what happened. They will want the serial number of your gun and should send you the new screw and spring with no problems. They aren't parts that require fitting by a gunsmith so you shouldn't get a hassle from them at all if my experience from 2 weeks ago holds true to form.

They sent it by FedEx Ground.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Any time I buy a revolver from them I buy as many parts as possible. To my knowledge they sell the yolk screw and yolk assembly including the springs, the side plate screws, you can even get the main spring assembly (good for spring swappers) although they do not sell the trigger spring assembly. You can also get the firing pin assembly and various other parts. Since you have a model 85 you can usually find most Taurus parts not available from Taurus on line at Gun Broker or Numrich. The internal parts do need to be color coded in other words you shouldn't put parts for a blued revolver in a stainless steel one and vice versa.

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
A small tip on ordering parts from anyone. Most new smaller parts are not that expensive, shipping for the part somewhat is. Example, I ordered a new grip screw recently for a Browning .22 1978 vintage....Screw $3 shipping $6, so I added a second screw and a firing pin....shipping still $6

When I had to get a new recoil spring assembly for my Taurus pt145 from Taurus, I ordered two of them. I probably should have added a firing pin to that order. It was ordered from Taurus, 5 day turn around, I was very pleased.

Truth be known, a spare firing pin is always a good thing to have.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good question posed here. good answer's too. First time I took apart my magazine for the 24/7 pro ds. The instruction manual said to use a punch.. well didn't I really chew up that little tab on the foot of the mag.. It functions correctly but I dislike anything thats not perfect. Least firearms wise. been meaning to call them but im scared =)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I wish I had a great service story but I don't. Called four times was on hold 10 minutes each time and never talked to a person. I was on my cell so the hold time was an issue. I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I ended up calling right after I posted. After also being on hold 10 minutes they hung up on me.. That happens from time to time. It's even worse if your calling and have to enter a bunch of digits like an account number and phone number. then after being on hold they accidentally hang up on you. I can let it slide since it was most likely an accident

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I lost the dust cover on my pt111 at the range. I ordered three more and a captive firing spring assembly as well. It came within a few days. The replacement was for a different gun but it fits and is still in service. Oh, well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got through. Girl was nice when she took my order. At the risk of sounding cheep and entitled but,,,,I have never had to pay for parts from Ruger.<Grin> 7-10 days and I can shoot again. I am happy so far.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I tried to order a sear spring for my Taurus 327 last week. The Taurus CS guy refused to sell me one. Said Taurus didn't want us amateur gunsmiths taking their revolvers apart. I probably should have mentioned that I wouldn't have taken it apart if Taurus hadn't filled it with nasty brown gunk, but I didn't.

So I ordered a sear spring for a Smith 442 from Brownell's. If that doesn't fit, I'll probably have to send the gun back to Taurus. Or learn to make my own springs. Or just try calling Taurus repeatedly until I get somebody to sell me a sear spring. According to this thread over in the Smithing area, that's the method that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts