Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With these threads talking about Charter Arms revolvers, along with their interesting selection/caliber range, I'm interested. From what I've read here and elsewhere, CA seems to be a company that offers mid-range quality at a good price. Solid, but not spectacular.

I've not seen one at my LGS's, so I've not had an opportunity to hold one. Would prefer not to buy sight unseen, but that's not necessarily a deal-killer.

How is CA customer service? Anyone with personal experience? I've found a few online forum references, but they were a little dated (but what was said at the time was quite good).

Would love to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I bought a new CA Target Patriot in 2009. The frame cracked in 2017. I emailed CA, took pics and sent them. They were right back to me wanting the gun. I took it to my FFL and he sent it in, 96 hours later my FFL called me and told me that CA said the frame was cracked and since the Target Patriot was no longer in production they offered me, at no charge, 2 options; a 357, don't remember which model and a new Target Bull Dog. I took the Target Bull Dog and it arrived in less than 72 hours at no outlay to me, they even reimbursed my FFL for the initial shipping/insurance. Great people to deal with..and good products as well.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
If you call or email Charter Arms chances are that more than likely Nick Ecker "the company's owner" will answer the phone.

A few years ago when I was having trouble locating a 9mm CA Pitbull revolver I emailed Nick at Charter Arms.

He responded with his personal cell number and told me to contact my dealer and that if his distributor did not have any to call him.

Went to my local gun store, he calls his distributors, none of which have one. I give him Nick's number and he calls him.

48 hours later my store calls me back to tell me my gun's in the store waiting for me.

I'd call that great customer service.

·
Premium Member
13,625 Posts
I own 5 CA revolvers and have never had the need to contact their customer service, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Reactions: nevadabob

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I have had two send two Charter revolvers in for repairs...
First one was a older model , that I bought at a gunshow .. I purchased as a "u-fix'em" The revolver was in dire need for repair.. The previous owner took it apart and couldn't get it back togather... I gave him $45.00 for it .. I called Charter , they told me to send it in .. It being a older gun , I had to send a check for $30.00 for repairs and pay for parts .. I sent it in , in a week I had it back with a complete list of what they did .. and they sent a T shirt and the handgun.. It functioned as new ..

The second time was a Charter 44Spl , I dropped it the front porch ... Cracking the grip frame ... They fixed it at no questions asked .. For it back for a

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
"Solid but not spectacular quality at a mid-range price" is an excellent observation and spot on IMHO. Never had any problems with my UC .38 spc and only contacted their CS once to verify P/N and fit of a particular rubber grip they had. Very courteous and helpful. Got the grip I wanted and swapped them in 5 minutes. I spoke to a young lady but I do not recall her name.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is all very good news, and much appreciated - thanks to everyone for chiming in! Much more comfortable in thinking about getting a CA firearm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts