Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Texas at 18? Yeah they are missing some I am sure. They do mention we dont require background checks for purchases. Only people without a CHL need to go through one to buy a firearm from a dealer. As such they are missing both dealer purchases by those with a CHL as well as most if not all private sales. So yeah there are more firearms that than in Texas I am sure.
I don't know, Texas Aviator; a lot of Californians have been moving out to Texas.
The city of Austin may as well fly the California state flag.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That article is bogus, Ohio is probably as well armed as Texas. We just lie about it. However, Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown, Toledo, and Cincinnati, have begun to realize how well armed the rest of Ohio is.

Maloy - Lost all of mine to a boating accident.

·
Premium Member
12,493 Posts
How many states do require firearm registration? If I'm counting correctly there are only six states and DC with any kind of registration. Most states have no registration nor do they have a law against it. In seven states registration of any kind is prohibited by law. I'm glad to say that Pennsylvania is one of those states.
https://ballotpedia.org/Firearm_registration_requirements_by_state

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some of you picked up on the one fact I noted and immediately had to scratch my 5:00 shadow to adequately ponder it: source = CBS

And they gave "statehood" to DC in the analysis ��

·
Super Moderator
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm pretty sure that I own half the guns in Kentucky......
I would'a sworn you posed for the Georgia picture. You know, the red, white and blue tabs thingies you use . . .:D
55C49B22-65F5-4884-B110-7954221DF645.jpeg

Reactions: paulky_2000

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
CBSnews.....I agree this whole article is completely bogus.

Edit: read some of the other connected articles......its fake news.

·
Registered
36,015 Posts
Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
105 Posts
Everyone I know in Texas has 1 or more guns except my communist sister & her communist friends. She was normal before her college indoctrination. She lives alone in downtown Austin & would prefer dying in a home invasion to being armed. Doesn't even have an alarm system or dog. Dumb. At least she started locking her doors at night.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wonder how they got 200k Libtards to register their guns in FL? This report is a bunch of Fake News. Florida has well over 1.97 million CWP holders (increasing about 17k per month) so am I to believe that 1.77 million of them don't actually own a firearm????

·
Supporting Moderator
14,818 Posts
I always knew I was above average, it was convincing everyone else that was the problem.

:yipee:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those are ATF recorded sales and transfers.............it's not illegal in Alabama to buy or sell, so if the figures were on the mark, the 55.3% would be much higher......and the buying spree that folks have been on since the Plannedemic began have no doubt added several points to the total as well. Shelves are empty everywhere - except for a few shotguns here and there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those who still haven't caught on, CBS is only counting guns that require federal registration due to the NFA act of 1936. "NFA firearms only include: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use."

I sure hope it's not an attempt to MASSIVELY underreport the number of guns in the country. Plus, it's gives the dangerously false impression than gun ownership is something the average American sees no need for, when in fact it's the exact opposite. And it gives them fuel for the old argument about how we need a national registry of all guns so we can at least count them properly.

And I'm glad they are using 2013 numbers. Otherwise, states with the most gun control (and crime) that have started to require all guns be registered (California) will appear to have the most guns because only registered guns are being counted. So now they can use this disingenuous counting method to try and correlate more guns to equal more crime. States with lots of guns that don't force registration will have artificially low gun per capita numbers.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts