Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hand-load one into the chamber (the +1), close the slide, put in a full magazine (10).

This was after work about 4:30 in the morning, don't listen to me :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I never hand load the first round. I always let the slide strip the first round out of the magazine, then drop the magazine and load another round into it and reinsert it.

Putting a round in the barrel and releasing the slide to come into battery, forces the extractor to bump into, and over, the rim of the brass. If you have a snap-cap or even some spent brass lying around, try this.

Clean the rim of your round and the leading edge of your extractor really well. Put the snap-cap or brass in the barrel and let the slide go. Now eject that round and carefully inspect the rim of the brass and the front face of the extractor, see if you don't see some metal transfer. You will.

·
Administrator
40,388 Posts
Doug knows of what he speaks. This is the proper method. :thumb: :zzz:

·
Registered
28 Posts
sholiz said:
Hand-load one into the chamber (the +1), close the slide, put in a full magazine (10).

This was after work about 4:30 in the morning, don't listen to me :D
Watched a friend do that once with his S&W 910 9mm. As soon as the slide smacked foward.......BANG. Scared the poo outta everyone in the garage and put a hole in his Z71 bed. We laughed so hard it hurt. Doug has the right idea when it comes to +1.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jason1351 said:
Watched a friend do that once with his S&W 910 9mm. As soon as the slide smacked foward.......BANG. Scared the poo outta everyone in the garage and put a hole in his Z71 bed. We laughed so hard it hurt. Doug has the right idea when it comes to +1.
I'll fix my problem now before that happens to me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts