Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 or 6 cleaning handles, but all of them rotate.

Seems to me that when you use the chamber brush, you need to spin it in there. So what I did was take a section of straight rod, and clamp on a pair of vice-grips to spin it. NO. I did not like doing it that way.

I just checked a few places on-line, and I cannot seem to find a cleaning rod that has a fixed handle. Seems like all of them rotate.

Also would be nice to have one for spinning those star shaped cleaning swabs around in there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have 5 or 6 cleaning handles, but all of them rotate.

Seems to me that when you use the chamber brush, you need to spin it in there. So what I did was take a section of straight rod, and clamp on a pair of vice-grips to spin it. NO. I did not like doing it that way.

I just checked a few places on-line, and I cannot seem to find a cleaning rod that has a fixed handle. Seems like all of them rotate.

Also would be nice to have one for spinning those star shaped cleaning swabs around in there. Any ideas?

There are several places, such as Midway and Brownell's that have dedicated chamber brushes. My personal choice is BABY BOTTLE BRUSHES purchased at the dollar store! They are cheap, and work very well. If they wear out, no big deal.

I also use them for cleaning magazines.

HarborFreight has some good brushes too:

10 Piece Tube Brush Kit
(use the bronze, NOT the stainless steel brushes in this set)

Nylon set:
9 Piece Tube/Pipe Nylon Brush Set

HarborFrieght has many others.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
A milsurp cleaning kit might be an option. At least the handle won't turn - still gotta put the chamber brush on pretty tight. Always worked fine in the big green machine. Besides - they're good to have in case you have to bugout. JAT

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You are probably gonna want something with more of a "T" shape so you can turn it more easily. I guess you could just clamp something onto the top of one of those segments of a Hoppes universal kit or similar.

I assume that this would be for an AR15. Personally, I feel like everyone with an AR15 should have a good portable cleaning kit like the one pictured above "just in case."

In case what?.. Exactly. ;):D

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I assume that this would be for an AR15. Personally, I feel like everyone with an AR15 should have a good portable cleaning kit like the one linked above "just in case."

In case what?.. Exactly.
In case you have to bugout (like I said ;):D) You know - leave the house at a high rate of speed grabbing only the essentials. Those military cleaning kits will generally fit in the compartment of a trap door stock. At least most of the stuff will - the oil bottle might be bit much, though. Not many people have that kind of stock anymore, but the milsurp kits are small and easy to pack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts