Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Here's a good case for having a good working relationship with your FFL dealer. I've shipped guns back for service, but my FFL dealer will ship them USPS Priority for my (at my expense, of course.) However, the cost for this is always less than $10. It takes a few more days, but who cares? Sure beats Overnight Air rates. Another way to do it is ship by common carrier (UPS, Fed EX) ground service, just don't tell them what you're shipping. If anyone asks, it's "machine parts". Address the package to "Service Department" and don't write anything on the package referring to firearms. Going through an FFL is of course the best way. The small independant guys need your business, and are usually happy to help you out if you're a good customer. I always have them ship back to my FFL as well, because then I know someone will be there to receive the package when it comes in. Look over the shipping guide link here from Gunbroker. This can answer many questions as well.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.asp?FAQID=1118&NoCount=1

·
Registered
790 Posts
True it is their Requirement, however, it is not the law. They will try to tell you it is, but there is nothing in the law to that effect.

Most of these restrictions apply to handguns. Unlicensed persons can ship a rifle or shotgun UPSP to a resident of his own state, or to an FFL out of state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts