Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e always pronounced it Toe-ka-rev but I've heard it lately as Tock-a-rev or Tock-a-rov. I was watching NCIS on tv the other day and Jethro Gibbs said it the same as me so if the tv guys told him to say it like that it's probably wrong. LOL

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
Toke-uh-rov is my West Texas way of saying that Ruski Pistola!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
This is pretty much as I say it.

t oh k uh r eh v

t oh k uh r eh v
to so key up rat pet very

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
It's more like Toke-a-rev, or more properly Toke-a-ryev (with a very, very short y sound).

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Now what type of a gun is a to-so-key-up-rat-pet-very? Is it better than a MegaBlaster 20000???? Then I want one...

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
....can you say Wodka? ;)
водка
But actually, it's more properly wódka as it was originally a Polish drink - little water. The Russians stole it on one of their many invasions of Poland.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I just say 7.62x25. :D

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I just call it that piece of ---- Commie revolver. Although, if they get much cheaper, I may have to try one since I hear th

·
Registered
828 Posts
Wasn't there a song named "One Toke-a-rev over the line' by Brewer and Shipley?

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
GreenWolf, you have my piece of ---- Commie 7.62x25 semi-auto confused with the pos nagant pistol, I think. The Tokarev rounds are bottle-necked little hot loads. The biggest reason I bought it is because this one is Polish made, as am I. (maybe that explains a lot) Also I already have a CZ-52 chambered in that caliber.

Bergners, I remember that song and I think you're right. LOL

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
LOL, you're right, got the POS Commie Auto confused with the POS Commie revolver. Although, like most Russian equipment, they look rough but work great. I have that other POS Commie Auto, the Makarov, in .380 Auto and it is one of the nicest shooting .380 autos you will find at any price, but it does look rough. I swapped it out with my daughter's AMT Backup a few years ago and she is much happier and much more accurate.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
....can you say Wodka? ;)
What about Nuclear Wessels? :)

Seriously Google Translate will tell you how to say any word you want as long as you spell it correctly and know what language it is from.

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
What about Nuclear Wessels? :)

Seriously Google Translate will tell you how to say any word you want as long as you spell it correctly and know what language it is from.
атомных судов :)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The 7.62 x 25 in a handgun was ahead of its time. The barrel/slide locking system that handles the chamber pressure of a small bottle neck case equal to rifles of the day. Accuracy of some of these guns is remarkable. It was the 357 of the day before the 357 in a semi auto smaller than the 1911. Just watching how far these guns throw brass is fun, unless you are trying to reload it. With a 85 grain bullet it can be loaded to impressive velocity that makes
ground hogs have bad days when placed right. Even the surplus ammo is fun to plink with.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
- Tula-Tokarev = 'TOO- la 'TO-ka-rev – in both words the first syllables are stressed, in “TO” – “O” is short like in “not”)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts