Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is my daily rider. I carry an LC9S and have used two concealed positions: 1) inside vest, left breast, 2) right hip, OWB holster. Having only right handed access is limiting. So, how do you carry on your bike?
DSC04511.JPG

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,938 Posts
Right ankle and right shoulder rig or inside the vest right side. Having to handle the throttle is a draw back.

Very difficult to get any practice time while moving :(

Nice scoot :thumb:

Deals Gap.jpg

Reactions: seafra

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Same place as always. At 7 o'clock, I'm left handed.
Doesn't matter if I am on the bike, driving a car or walking that is where it is.
That way I know where it is and I will never have an "oh crap, where did I put that thing this time?" moment.

View attachment 108460

·
Registered
225 Posts
Motorcycle carry

Open carry right hip holster and a backup in left side saddlebag.
RC

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Sold my bike a couple years back but used to just cc via IWB at 3:00ish. Just kept my riding jacket on when traveling in areas which didn't reciprocate with GFL. Kept spare mag(s) in tank bag.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I carry my Millennium G2 in my Fobus OWB paddle holster at about 3:30 with t-shirt out when riding. I plan on picking up a TCP .380 to carry in a vest pocket as an alternative.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice scooter! I ride a V-Star 650 as my daily vehicle. I carry my pt709 at 16h00 IWB (RHD) in a Shepherd Holster Concealed Mini. It's concealed under my riding coat. As I'm in Texas, concealed carry is the name of the game with handguns. I don't plan on being in a position where I have to draw while I also need to be throttling--I'll just pull over if something like that arises. While I have over 22,000 miles (since 2013) on the bike, I'm neither that good of a rider or a marksman. I used to carry at appendix, but that was just too painful with my longer barrelled SD9VE. It dug into the bend of my leg. I'd imagine my pt709 might be more comfortable in that regard, but I don't have an AIWB holster for it yet.

C49DA436-970E-4576-9085-4DCAE4512139_2.jpg
FYI, the picture is overlooking Junction, TX. It's sacred ground to Texas Aggies (look up the Bear Bryant and the Junction Boys). It was part of my "Texas Triangle" Tour (solo) last summer: Dallas-Rio Grande Valley-I20/I10 Merger-Dallas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice scooter! I ride a V-Star 650 as my daily vehicle. I carry my pt709 at 16h00 IWB (RHD) in a Shepherd Holster Concealed Mini. It's concealed under my riding coat. As I'm in Texas, concealed carry is the name of the game with handguns. I don't plan on being in a position where I have to draw while I also need to be throttling--I'll just pull over if something like that arises. While I have over 22,000 miles (since 2013) on the bike, I'm neither that good of a rider or a marksman. I used to carry at appendix, but that was just too painful with my longer barrelled SD9VE. It dug into the bend of my leg. I'd imagine my pt709 might be more comfortable in that regard, but I don't have an AIWB holster for it yet.

View attachment 108572
FYI, the picture is overlooking Junction, TX. It's sacred ground to Texas Aggies (look up the Bear Bryant and the Junction Boys). It was part of my "Texas Triangle" Tour (solo) last summer: Dallas-Rio Grande Valley-I20/I10 Merger-Dallas.

You struck on THE issue of bike carrying: in motion you have to give up up either the throttle or the clutch, AND the whole game changes depending on which side the threat is on. I carry an LC9S with right hand accesss and I'm considering an LCP for left handed back up.

P.S. LOVE the V-Star 650: nimble and very economical, but with a big bike look...most think its an 1100. Just sold my 1999 to my brother: the bike still looks like it is 2 yrs old.
vstar 1069881_587542231268725_1288399057_n.jpg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moondawg, that is the one fine looking V-Star! Love the saddle, pipes, bars, wheels and all the chrome bling! She is sweet!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an NRA concealed carry denim jacket. I also have a leather vest with a conceal inner pocket. However, most of the time I just wear an IWB holster while riding.

Nice Ride, BTW.

Here's a pick of my ride.
VTX Side.jpg

Reactions: seafra

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
When riding within my home state of Michigan, OWB @ 4:00 in a Kirkpatrick thumb snap holster under my vest or jacket, but because we have open carry if I want to shead some leather if it warms up no big deal. Out of state, in a concealed carry T-shirt under my vest, in the carry pocket of my Brooks vest, in my right boot top or all three depending on where I'm going....

ABC's of Harley 004.jpg

Reactions: william

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like this:

On this... Lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts