Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had few 1911`s and some were good some not, interesting that the most expencive ones I had would jamm the most, like my Kimber`s.My GI45 Springfield never caused me any problems.I heard that Taurus1911`s are actually not that cheap (I think around 500 bucks) for that I can get another GI45, how do you like you 1911 Taurus?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
$500 US is what paid for my blue PT1911 plus the applicable state tax. For my money I've received a 1911 that has worked flawlessly out of the box. Would I recommend it to others? Absolutely. In fact we have a handful on the forum who own 2 or more PT1911s.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I currently own a blued and a stainless model. I could have purchased a Kimber for a few dollars more but with less bells and whistles. I put 150 rounds down range today on the new SS model with no hiccups. So, how do I like the PT1911? Both of them need a new sibling with a rail or when available a commander size. Great pistols regardless of the $500 price tag.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have the stainless, paid $ 586 otd for it. She shoots great with no FTF or FTE. Would I buy another, you bet. Can not wait for a Commander size either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it seems that the price is same for GI45 and PT1911, I know that GI45 is a very good quality gun, it is a basic gun but still, I had SS finish and it was very solid with a very good finish.How is PT1911 made?Finish?Acuracy?
Db

·
Registered
141 Posts
Look at it this way: you will be paying a price that ordinarily lands you a basic 1911 pistol, but with the Taurus, you get all of the extra addons found in other brands that cost a lot more. In fact, it has the extras all of the custom makers brag about on their $1,500-$2,000 jobs.I have a stainless PT1911. It is very reliable, shoots very accrately (as good as the custom jobs people brag about), and it is a good-looking pistol. Why is it people cannot look at the Taurus, find about it, read reviews on it, see what people like us like about it and then see what a good bargain as well as a good pistol it really is? It beats me.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I own 4 PT1911's with my favorite being my matched pair of Stainless Steel 1911's. The Taurus PT1911's are among the finest 1911's made in my opinion. And I have been handling, owning, smithing and shooting 1911's for around 30 plus years. When you buy a Taurus PT1911, you are really getting a custom assembled/tuned 1911 that is the equal of any bloated $$$ 1911.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own two PT1911's, I could not have made a better choice for the money. Both have been very accurate & reliable. One thing that may have helped Taurus build such a good 1911 is the fact that a few years ago they hired the VP from Colt. I'm sure he probably brought some expertise to the manufacture of the PT1911. For all the custom features Taurus includes with the gun, I see no need to go & spend $1,000 to $1,500 for a different brand of 1911 that has the same options. It's your decision on what you want to buy, but for me, this was the right choice.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/pt_080505/index.html

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT1911SS.htm

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
XD's are made in Croatia, Springer 1911's are made in Brazil, Rock Island Arsenal 1911's are made in the Philippines. Most, but not all 1911 frames are made by Imbel (springer 1911's, etc) which is literally just down the road from Taurus.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
XD`s original name is HS2000 and stands for Hrvatski Samokres 2000 (Croatian Pistol 2000) I know that because I`m a Croat and factory is located in Karlovac, about 30 minutes from capitol of Croatia,Zagreb where I was born.This whole Springfield thing has kind of a low profile in Croatia for some reason, they should be proud that they can make a good gun like that.I`m personaly not big fan of XD, I respect it and I`m glad that it is made in Croatia but I like Glock better, or 1911`s and I love revolvers,I had XD40 before I losted it in bankruptcy and it was a nice gun, but I love stainless steel and nice wooden grips on a nice revolver, if Croats start making revolvers I`ll get one for sure.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I should probably mention that the picture posted on page1 isn't 100% accurate; it was posted on Taurus website about a year or so ago before the gun came out. The actual PT1911-SS has a different hammer, front grip chekering, also sights don't looks exactly the same. Current pic on taurus website shows what the gun looks like. You can also find user some pics here as well :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was at the gun store today talking to the guys about PT1911, they didn`t have one but the guy said he saw few and they were exceptionaly good looking guns.He also said, some gun magazine did the test with 1911`s and used Springfield,S&W and PT1911 and PT1911 won, it was better than S&W or Springfield.I`m selling my Colt Cobra 4", SS to get me a nice PT1911 SS :D and Tracker 4" .357 :).... ;D ;D :D :p

Db

·
Registered
377 Posts
As Elvis would say " I'm in love... I'm all shook up." :eek: Taurus has made a great gun here. Fires everytime, accurracy is improving each time I shoot, and the leather Holster is on it's way. A set of Nite Siters, walnut slim grips and a beveled mag well addition and I am a happy guy :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
today I had oportunity to hold a new PT1911 in my hand for the first time, feels like a great gun, solid and tight, if it shoots as good as it looks and feels.. :)...it`s a 100% winner...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts