Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about keeping my AR 300 BO pistol w/10" barrel, on the quiet side. I see everyone claiming "this is the way to go".

Now I'm looking for personal experience.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
You will need a quietener

Reactions: jtg452

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The only way to keep it quiet is a suppressor and sub sonic rounds. Works very well. Simple and expensive!

·
15,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, suppressor is what I'm talking about!

Who has experience with a can?

·
15,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I could direct you to a very informative Facebook group on the subject, but you don't seem like the Facebook type. I know that the Silencerco Omega is a very popular can with high performance marks as well as the DeadAir Sandman S, and AAC 762-SD. None of which you can go wrong with. I'm sorry this isn't personal experience, but I hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I assume you are aware there's a $200 tax stamp required and it takes a year to get one.

Reactions: william

·
15,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, but we have all thrown away more money, on sillier stuff.

:icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: Texheim and mingaa

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Waiting for my form 4 to come back on an AAC 7.62 SD I purchased in August. It's going on my 7.5 inch 300 BLK Pistol. I've shot a 5.56 with a can on our front porch while PH was in the house and she asked who was shooting a 22. They can get real quite.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I've been looking at a Rebel Silencers due to cost vs performance. They seem to be within a few decibels of the the "top of the line" while costing a fourth of those other options.

I've only fired a couple of suppressed rifles and they were both .223 firing supersonic rounds so there is still a lot of noise there...

Reactions: william
1 - 11 of 11 Posts