Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has probably been a post about those who OC and CC just tell us which you prefer no write or wrong answer.

I choose both personally, all depeds on the mood for the day.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i picked CC.. although i do OC around my property but thats probably not what you ment.

i just dont want to deal with the cops hassling me, i might work up the balls to do it in public at some point i just hav'nt yet.

also if you dont have CHL you can't carry in you car which makes it really difficult on anyone who does'nt already CC.

if more people OC'ed i'd do it.. i support OC but it takes a certain fortitude i guess i just dont have.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I open carry on duty... ;)

Seriously though----AZ has to be the capital of open carry in the country. No one gives a second look.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i wish it was like that in ohio. can you OC in a car without a license/permit i AZ?

i think thats what keeps OCing back partly in ohio is the transportation laws people who might OC can't find a practical way of doing it without already having a CHL.

i know if i OC'ed it would be one more person out there representing but i really dont wanna deal with the law.. and although it wont happen every single time just about every one i've talked to who OC's has at least 1 or 2 encounters with the cops over it.

·
Administrator
41,728 Posts
I went with concealed carry, as Texas doesn't allow open carry...Yet. I support it, but don't care anything about practicing it myself.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i only open carry during hunting season ,concealed the rest of the time

·
Registered
67 Posts
I CC when I get up until time for bed, then it goes under the mattress. Also I can not carry at work so I have a bag with stainless steel mesh and covered in cloth and a cable to lock around seat frame in car to secure it while working. Chas

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yes you can OC in a car without a permit. You can also have it in the glovebox or center console hidden without a permit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who AZ laws sound almost similar to Georgia as far as having one in the car goes and OC is concerned at least.

I prefer to OC and I do it when its the time for it but most of the time I do CC just to avoid the stares and havin to explain to people why I chose to take responsibilty for my life. Not that i dont mind enlightening the people about our rights to bear arms as law abiding citizens but sometimes Iam busy and got Sugar Honey Iced Tea to do. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I CC 99% of the time now that I have my CCW. Used to open carry before I had it.
I CC from the time I leave the house 'till I go to bed. I am allowed to carry at work... they like the idea of an unoffical security person. I do have to remove it when I go to a couple of different customers and then it gets locked in my center console for the 2-4 minites I am away. Then it goes right back in my holster.
I carry OWB Bianchi shadowII covered with a loose fitting shirt over it. Much more comfotable and faster draw then any IWB IMHO.
I OC when piddling around doing yard work around the house... it does make the neighbors talk... but in this neighborhood, who cares! lol Nothing like a big 'ol 45 auto hanging from the hip to make the druggies and low lifes keep away!
'nuf said

·
Registered
73 Posts
fordman650 said:
i only open carry during hunting season ,concealed the rest of the time
As do I. No OC in Iowa any other way.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
CC only. Would never consider OC in Vegas. Though it is perfectly legal, my CCW instructor specifically said to not do it for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Concealed only, for me. I would rather not advertise that I am carrying. The only purpose I could see open carry serving is to let the BGs know who to take out first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CC here. OC isn't legal in Texas.............................yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can't carry at work (International Airport), but at home Open Carry, everywhere else Concealed Carry (IWB).

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
CC for me. Like others have said, I don't want to deal with the hassle and questions if I open carry. Plus I don't have a OC holster that is other than a thigh holster. I am pretty sure that would get me hassled and a bunch more funny looks than I normally get.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
I am pretty sure that would get me hassled and a bunch more funny looks than I normally get.
Don't you get plenty of funny looks carrying all those ghost traps around? :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.