Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tn is open carry . Do you guys carry iwb or owb ?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
On duty I carry OWB on my belt. I am "plain clothes" (no uniform), and have my pistol in a black leather holster at about 3:00, my badge on a belt clip at 1:00 or flapped over my shirt pocket. I carry 2 extra mags in a pouch at 11:00, and a handcuff pouch at 9:00.

Off duty I carry IWB at 4:00, in a tuckable holster if I am dressed up, or just IWB if dressed casually.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
OWB in Kentucky! Sounds like a rap song!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
IWB, MOB, Ankle Carry, Pocket Carry, lunch box, glove box................................

·
Registered
157 Posts
All depends, around the house, chores, kicking around, open carry mostly.... in public per say, i conceal carry, IWB around 4 o clock, just got a new remora holster and am really liking this thing....

Reactions: TexasDeputy

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
All depends, around the house, chores, kicking around, open carry mostly.... in public per say, i conceal carry, IWB around 4 o clock, just got a new remora holster and am really liking this thing....
I have 2 Remora holsters, and they are GREAT!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Tn is open carry . Do you guys carry iwb or owb ?
Mississippi is supposed to be open carry, too...in fact, according to the Second Amendment, we all have the right to bear arms.

However, as long as folks in my area are getting arrested for open carry, I'll continue to conceal carry with my Mississippi Firearms Permit (OWB with an untucked shirt).

Plus, I've live in DeSoto County since 1974 and have never actually seen anyone OC.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
IWB usually, depends on place and gun. In cold weather often in a jacket or coat pocket. Warm iwb small of back or hip with tee shirt untucked. Type rig you have makes a lot of difference. Years ago I carried 1911's or large frame big bore revolvers a lot. A rig made for them and you makes it comfortable and doable.

·
Registered
527 Posts
IWB around 3:00. Looking into a bellyband holster for the upcoming summer shorts and t-shirt weather. Anyone have any ideas on a good bellyband holster.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Well and often.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Open carry here in Colorado. LH shooter with belt holster.
I'll get a CHL soon. I had one in TX.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks guys being 25 years old people give me some weird looks when I carry owb

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have a simply rugged cuda that I wear mostly OWB at 11 or 3 sometimes IWB at 3 sometimes I open carry on my property, usually conceal, also have a waist pack.
I also have at least 1 spare mag with me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I open carry 95% of the time with my Bersa's. CC my TCP. Since I'm left handed the only paddle I can find is a Bianchi accumold. Very nice even in incliment weather. TCP is in a uncle mikes that fits in my work pants or the pocket of my bibs. Fits great in my riding vest.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mississippi is supposed to be open carry, too...in fact, according to the Second Amendment, we all have the right to bear arms.

However, as long as folks in my area are getting arrested for open carry, I'll continue to conceal carry with my Mississippi Firearms Permit (OWB with an untucked shirt).

Plus, I've live in DeSoto County since 1974 and have never actually seen anyone OC.
If its not ileagal to OC then you should not be arrested. They are opening themselves up for a big time lawsuit. Know your rights and use them. Go to www.opencarry.com for more help.
You give up the right, you will loose it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Florida does not allow open carry. It may soon, and I will still conceal.

Open carry to me is the same as wearing a big gold watch.
While that was very funny, it is also very ignorant. This is a typical anti-OC comment by those who know nothing of the pratice of oc'ing and its 'myths'.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I open carry around the house, but always conceal it when I go somewhere. Why stir it up if it don't stink?? I don't want anybody to know I'm carrying. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts