Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other---please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it's a Glock 27 in a Galco ankle rig while on-duty.

Off-duty I prefer pocket carry for my Airlite snubbies and IWB for my semi-autos.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fannypack until my Fobus paddle holster shows up in the mail.

·
Registered
153 Posts
PT 145 Mil Pro

40% IWB
60% Shoulder holster

I often end up being away from the home for up to 8 hours at a time, and thus, the Shoulder holster is more comfortable to me and I try to carry that way as much as I can.

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
In the waistband 100% of the time. I've gotten so used to it, that I often forget it's there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
PT145 in a Fobus Paddle holster. Tried an ankle holster but could not find one that would hold the weight of the gun without sliding down.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Still looking for one that will fit my Rossi Snubby! using a nylon clip on that fits my PT111 for now to carry it. Pt111 is either on hip, or shoulder holster.

·
Registered
296 Posts
PT-145 IWB or in an inside pocket of jackets or vest. Had to sew pockets in my leathers. Pockets that came with leathers were to small and angled the wrong way. Gun ends up over heart instead of under armpit. Leather keeps it from printing.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Crossdraw holsters worn on the belt on my weak side.
I'm a southpaw. On occasion, I use my shoulder rig.
I'd say about 90% belt worn, 10% shoulder rig.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am having problems with the IWB method

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
When i did have a permit(and another is coming real soon :)) I always had a IWB...
Now that was carring a 1911... :D With my revolver, i think it would be hard. My wifes 3" S/W though my work out. I would like to have a smaller gun but for now that is all i have..
I really like Pancake holsters for all around and in Arizona, If you don't have a permit, as long as part of the holster can be seen you are Ok..
Now this might have changed since i have got back into guns... :???:
For now though, i just carry open and don't worry about it ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
My M85 in a Don Hume DAH Dual Purpose Belt Holster or a Bianchi 100 Professional IWB.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Robin48 said:
I am having problems with the IWB method
That's why we all have a box or drawer full of holsters. I had to spend $ to find something that works.

What trouble are you having specifically?

Meantime, make sure you have a quality belt. Try different positions on your waist. I figured originally that behind my hip would be good. In front at 10 o'clock (I'm left handed) works best for me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hello, I am the newbie to the forum but not a newbie to shooting. I prefer the fobus holster, but also like to carry IWB. I am also a proud owner of a PT 1911 Blue with the acessory rail. Having a difficult time finding the right holster to fit this gun with the rail. There are no accessories on the gun at this time. Any help would be greatfully accepted. I did do the search of holsters on the forum and came up zeroes. Thanks

North Star

1 - 20 of 153 Posts