Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My .22LR collection is overflowing. As is my .38 in WWB.

However, in other calibers I have less than 200 rounds.

.22 I have over 10K. WWB . 38 I have about 2K.

.357 and 9mm I have less than 1000 rounds.

How many do you have on hand?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
5k .22lr
700 9mm
100 .357
12 (yes 12) .38spl
100 12ga
a couple of loose rounds for just about everything else, some .22wmr, .40, .380, and such.. note i do not have guns for either of those calibers they just popped up from somewhere.

it's pretty expensive to stock pile anything really.. .22lr's about the only thing i still find "affordable"

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i get a couple of boxes EVERY trip. make it a rule. no matter what you get, just be sure to do it EVERY time. you'll be surprised how fast it adds up. lately i've stocked up on .40, .45 & .223. oh, and .45 LC for my peacemaker

joe sixpack said:
12 (yes 12) .38spl
are you sure, better go back and count :D

joe sixpack said:
it's pretty expensive to stock pile anything really.. .22lr's about the only thing i still find "affordable"
how bad do you want to create stock? i find it quite easy to accumulate ammo if i buy some every week, over and over and over

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
buying a little at a time is usually the most expensive way to do it, i do not have the money to set a side 50 bucks a week just to buy ammo unless im gonna shoot it.

dont have any large caliber rifles, pistols really only 4 calibers i care about .22lr, 9mm, 38spl, and .357

since i rarely shoot my revolvers i can really narrow it down .22lr and 9mm

with ammo prices being up and up i dont find it economical to plunk down money at wally world every week, if i come across a good deal i'll buy some but otherwise i only really need to worry about .22lr and 9mm

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just try to by one or two boxes when i get paid

·
Super Moderator
21,621 Posts
Just a box at a time. I keep 3 dry boxes everyone has the same amount of ammo 500 rnds of 9mm, 2 to 300 45, 500 22lr an assortment of 12 gage slugs and buck, 200 38, 200 357,
and any last min stuff i may need. I rotate the boxes when i go to the range. then I just fill the empty at will it always leaves me with what I need in an emergancy. and keeps the ammo freash.
Othes buy in bulk but if you get a bad batch then your screwed. also with a box at a time I try to buy one for target and one for self defence and always start my range session with what I stake my life on and finish with the same. hope this helps

·
Registered
497 Posts
I keep at least one box for every gun I have, including C&R military. I have what I think of as a SHTF supply for my combat caliber pistols, shotguns and Mini-14. Should be enough to get me by for a while when / if the SHTF. I don't keep count, but I normally will replace what I shoot up, sometimes 2 for 1. I store it in a locked metal cabinet that is usually full or nearly full. Kind of depends......

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have 2000 rds. of .45, 2800 rds. of 9mm, well over 12,000 of 22LR HP along with 8 cases each of 12 ga. and 20 ga. I also have quantities of unloaded brass in .45, .38sp and 9mm. I would like to build my stockpiles up a little more. I guess I need to reload some more instead of spending so much time on the forums.

·
Administrator
35,526 Posts
I keep about 800 - 1000 rounds of 45acp and buy more when I can.......I need some 38/357 ammo now that I bought a revolver but I don't have any of that at the moment......

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
9mm 1 box of 250 UMC and white box of win. hollow points loaded in both.1 full mag in 380 and 1 full mag in 25 cal. thats all

·
Administrator
40,147 Posts
I usually have a few boxes of factory stuff on hand, but the bulk of my ammo is reloads. Can usually keep 2500 rounds on hand, give or take a few. :thumb:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Shoot 100rnds, buy 200rnds. That's my philosophy :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
so thats why ammo prices are so high! You guys are buying it all up driving up the demand! LOL.. jk!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I tend to make bulk purchases of aluminum Blazer off www.natchezss.com and always acquire more than I'll shoot. My ammo supply has been on a steady increase ever since I've implemented that policy. :p

·
Administrator
40,147 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
I tend to make bulk purchases of aluminum Blazer off www.natchezss.com and always acquire more than I'll shoot. My ammo supply has been on a steady increase ever since I've implemented that policy. :p
That's good also, but the more I have the more I want to shoot. :shooter:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I also reload the same as Smokewagon. I buy in bulk and you would be surprised, at the casings I pick up at the range. 38, 357, 45acp people just leave lying around after they shoot. Great for me.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The only caliber I buy factory ammo for these days is .22LR, the rest I relaod...;)

Unfortunately working full time I'm don't have a lot of time to reload these days and right now only got a few range trips worth of ammo... There were times when I had to hit the bench and cook up some ammo so I would't be dry firing at the range range... :-X

1 - 20 of 34 Posts