1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Err...I've tried to change a title or two of threads I've started, and I don't think it's possible.

If it is possible, I'm willing to learn something new tonight!

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
On the old site, just using the edit tools in the original post worked. But now, I have no idea if it would still work with the upgrade. I know I can adjust the title a bit in replies, but that's no assurance it works in original thread posts. And really it doesn't matter much at all in replies because it just adjusts on that reply, not on the entire thread, and won't show with the post.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell a mod
Usually the mods are the first to respond when I post in this forum. That was one of the reasons I posted this thread here, in addition to trying to help anyone else who might want to know. Guess I'll have to contact one directly.

·
Administrator
39,735 Posts
Look better now?

·
Administrator
39,735 Posts
You're welcome! Oops! I mean, no problem. :D

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
To change the title, on your post select Edit, then Advanced. Then you can change anything.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Yup, the only way you can change a title is to ask a mod!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
It worked for me when I posted about the Doomsday Preppers.
I had the title with Discovery Channel, noticed it was wrong and changed the title to National Geographic.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It worked for me when I posted about the Doomsday Preppers.
I had the title with Discovery Channel, noticed it was wrong and changed the title to National Geographic.
I tried it again with this thread, and it only changed the title at the top of the OP. :(

Maybe a mod saw it and fixed it for you without you knowing it? That or you have some special powers that the rest of us don't have.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Honest. It worked for me.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/61937-new-shtf-show-national-geographic.html
The original title was "New SHTF show on Discovery Channel"
I posted it as a new thread, realized I put the wrong channel, clicked Edit Post, Go Advanced, and changed the title and Saved.
All within 1 minute of the original posting.
Maybe because I am the OP?

In fact, I just tried it again and it lets me edit the title.
The Title is highlighted and my cursor at the end of the line (can't see it in the screen grab 'cause it blinks)

edit-test.jpg

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honest. It worked for me.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/61937-new-shtf-show-national-geographic.html
The original title was "New SHTF show on Discovery Channel"
I posted it as a new thread, realized I put the wrong channel, clicked Edit Post, Go Advanced, and changed the title and Saved.
All within 1 minute of the original posting.
Maybe because I am the OP?

In fact, I just tried it again and it lets me edit the title.
The Title is highlighted and my cursor at the end of the line (can't see it in the screen grab 'cause it blinks)

View attachment 20081
I believe you, but it doesn't work for me. I tried the same thing, I'm the OP, and it's just not working. Sounds like you may have some ability I don't have. :confused:

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I believe you, but it doesn't work for me. I tried the same thing, I'm the OP, and it's just not working. Sounds like you may have some ability I don't have. :confused:
I went and changed the title.
Check the post again.
Now it says "New SHTF show on National Geographic, NOT Discovery."
However the latest change does not show on the listing in the Lounge, even though the original change did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts