Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The board went thru a redesign since the last time I came here...

How come the Taurus 1911, Taurus 24/7, and Taurus Millennium get their own sub-sections on this board, yet the Taurus PT-92 is filed under "other"? IT'S BLASPHEMY, I TELL YOU! :mad:

;D ;D ;D

Just kidding. Whassup guys. I just got back from Australia and New Zealand, where I got to fire some pretty nice .50BMGs, and I even got to fire a Setyr IWS 2000:

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn46-e.htm.

Each 15.2mm cartridge costs about $9.00 AU which equals about $7.50 USD.

When is Taurus gonna make some kick-ass sniper rifles? Does anyone know the inside track? Let me know!!!

·
32,481 Posts
My PT22 has to go under 'Other' but do you see me complaining? NOOOOOOOOO! See what happens when you go on "vacation"?
The whole place changes.Just try and find the toothpaste now. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It must be a mistake, I personally figured "OTHER" guns section should be for the low quality, junk or odd-ball guns on the market out there, you know like KIMBERS, GLOCKS, Springfield and stuff..... ;)

I am joking of course with all you inbreed hicks out there that had the misfortune of owning those above listed guns (lol). j/k

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Lucky indeed!! -- not only did you get to go to Australia and New Zealand but you got to fire some kick arse firearms to boot! The only things I got to fire while in England were rubber bands off the ends of my fingers -- and knowing some of the British authorities -- had they seen me, they could have tried to construe that as assault with a deadly weapon. :D

I can see the headline now:

"Yank goes mad whilst in England, assaults locals with rubberbands."

That reminds me of a post on TFL ages ago where a .22 short was found in the UK and the country went into a collective tizzy over it. If I can find it or the story elsewhere, I'll post it here for a laugh. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I found the story though not on TFL; I ran across it on this other forum first ala the great Google machine. :D

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180728

LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.
Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.
The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.
Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.
"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.
"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?
"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."
Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

But to leave strictly controlled goods out in the street would be enough for a firearms licence to be revoked.
The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.
A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.
"If it goes bang, it is still lethal."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha ha - dang crazy Brits! Getting their panties in a knot over a .22 bullet! God bless the USA. And New Zealand. Australia - not so much... their gun laws suck almost as much as the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, or, according to your article, The Queens Country.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I thought it was quite humorous too! :D If you follow the posted link, some of the members of that board leave a few funny comments in regards to the 'incident'.

If one .22 short got that type of response, I would have loved to have seen their collective reaction to a found .416 Barrett or .50BMG round. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts