Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been discussion about the differences between the generations of the pt-140, but how can you tell the differences between mags?
I bought two used mags at a show that were allegedly for a pt-140, and it turns out that they "fit" but wont snap into place.
im thinking maybe they are from the 1st or 2nd gen pt-140? are there any indications on the mags?

thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
thats a good question. i bought an extra mag when i bought my 145 and it doesn't snap like the 2 that came with it. please answer our question.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My PT138 came with the new 12 rnd mags. Where the old ones were only 10 rds. On PT145 the look the same new and old.

·
Registered
296 Posts
From what I can tell the notch in the magazines are in different places. I had ordered a couple of metgar mags from ebay. they were 10 round mads for pt111. The 3rd gen were 12 round. Also got a 17,20 and 30 round mags for pt92. I think I had to just cut one notch a little higher up on each mag to get them to catch on mag release. ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts
cool, guess i'll be looking for my dremel and open my trouble magazine a lil bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the mags that came with the gun and the mags i purchased later are both 10 rd. and look identical size and shape from what i can tell. maybe ill take a closer look, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the extra i bought you have to push it up into the gun in order to get magazine release to snap into place. the two that came with the pistol are easily slid into place and to get the mag release to catch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts