1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
A mans got to do what a mans got to do. :icon_wink:

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
I assume they made an error in anticipating demand due to market distortions from irrational responses to domestic events. AKA they are grossly overstocked. Got to be at that price. It seems only certain dealers have them at this price. This throws a bone to those dealers (probably guys who move a lot of product for them), and reduces their inventory while not "cheapening the brand" as much as giving deep discounts to everybody.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Supply and demand. Maybe there is a G3 on the horizon so the G2's need to be blown out of inventory.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Supply and demand. Maybe there is a G3 on the horizon so the G2's need to be blown out of inventory.
Hopefully they move to more standard sights. That is the only upgrade I see as needed

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
24 Posts
It may suggest that polymer-framed handguns in general are overpriced. Consider Glocks. The design has not changed much in decades. The design and engineering cost have been paid off long ago. Even the production machinery has been amortized over millions of units. Glocks might be profitably sold for 60% of their current prices (mere guess on my part). And if the "80-20" rule holds true, a G2 that is 80% as good as a Glock might be produced for significantly less.

Consider that the difference in material costs between a TCP and a G2 is small. A little more plastic, a few ounces of steel in the slide, and some steel in place of aluminum for the chassis. I long considered this before the $199.00 G2s hit the market. It will be interesting to see if this flood of G2 sales puts a ceiling on what Taurus can charge in the future. Maybe Taurus will be the T-Mobile of the industry and others will have to follow suit. We can dream.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't get it either. But from what I see it's only on the internet that you can get them cheap. Just yesterday I was in my local gun store and I was shocked to see the price of the Millennium G2 at $359 and $369 for the stainless. I was like WTH? I bought mine for $299 from the same store in late 2013. Obviously they are not aware of the trend on the internet where the price is DECREASING and not the other way around. Of course both my LGS's don't have anything on sale right now right after the holidays, in fact their pricing is kind of insane. You'd think it were Jan 2013 by the looks of things. No bricks of 22, and the cheapest 9mm was Blazer aluminum at $15.99 a box. UNREAL!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have found a lot of my local LGS's are profit whores. I always hear support your local LGS, screw that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't know why they are selling them so cheap either, but glad they are. Even happier that I was patient and found me one for $199. Now it just needs to hurry up and get here! His brother (609) and sister (709) are excited to meet the newest member of the family!

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife doesn't understand that unless I compare it to her shoe purchases.
I never understood her shoe purchases until she compared it to my guns.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
.................................not to mention throwing in a free year of NRA membership. LOL

Reactions: PTDOUDE and CT.Jer

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Probably cheap for us because the US dollar is strong to whatever the Brazi's use. Cheap for us, same profit for them.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It has to be a overstock situation......heck my lgs has a beretta cx4 for 400 dollars! I paid 700 for mine

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
My LGS, which is also my employer has been selling them for $179.99, we have gone through about 350.

I was told that Taurus is selling close to cost in an effort to buy market share and improve brand recognition. Is it true? I don't know but I sure didn't hesitate to pick one up and it shoots great!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts