Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We see the media using the wrong terms constantly when discussing guns. “Clip” is used for magazine. “Automatic weapon” and “weapons of war” are two phrases used to describe a semi-automatic .223. Anything that has a pistol grip is called an assault weapon. People that have no idea of what they are talking about are doing a lot of talking. It’s frustrating.
Recently the Chicago Tribune published whopper of a terminology blunder. In an effort to describe the characteristics of an assault rifle they described a sling loop as a “Mount for bayonet, grenade launcher.”
Yesterday in an article entitled “More detail on assault weapon graphic correction” Joe Knowles writes, “That’s the thing about errors – making an obvious one, as we did here, automatically raises questions about our credibility.” Gee Joe, ya think

Read more: Chicago Tribune confuses rifle sling loop with grenade launcher | The Daily Caller

· Registered
87 Posts
First off, yeah they are pretty stupid. Secondly even though these weapons are classified as "sporting guns", they are in fact civilianized versions of military weapons. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having them but the truth of the matter is that these are civilian battle rifles. They are needed though because the 2nd Amendment is another checks & balances system for our government. Infact if they decreased the federal army & instituted Militias again, it would solve numerous problems. Some of which I can think of off the top of my head would be: dictatorial candidates gaining power ala "our" current president, keeping us out of many international schisms, & lowering of crime.

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
There isn't a book they can read or a pill they can take because you just can't fix stupid!

Illustration Poster World Art

· Registered
12,762 Posts
ARs have become some of the most popular hunting rifles in America- not to mention sporting. If we go classifying as 'military' we step in it- what was the 1911 built for primarily? How about the Navy Colt? SAA? Winchester '94....all used mostly by the military? in the beginning?

· Registered
1,346 Posts
I wonder what they would do if they saw my "Law enforcement or Govt. Use only" AK47 mags lol.

· Registered
1,346 Posts

We see the media using the wrong terms constantly when discussing guns. “Clip” is used for magazine. “Automatic weapon” and “weapons of war” are two phrases used to describe a semi-automatic .223. Anything that has a pistol grip is called an assault weapon. People that have no idea of what they are talking about are doing a lot of talking. It’s frustrating.
Recently the Chicago Tribune published whopper of a terminology blunder. In an effort to describe the characteristics of an assault rifle they described a sling loop as a “Mount for bayonet, grenade launcher.”
Yesterday in an article entitled “More detail on assault weapon graphic correction” Joe Knowles writes, “That’s the thing about errors – making an obvious one, as we did here, automatically raises questions about our credibility.” Gee Joe, ya think

Read more: Chicago Tribune confuses rifle sling loop with grenade launcher | The Daily Caller

Because reality is not a world they live in.

· Registered
3,336 Posts
Damn...you mean I have to get rid of my grenade launcher?? I haven't even had a chance to use it yet.

Wow! I'm guessing you're not a Texan, ship4. Down here, Texas Fish & Game laws forbid rifle grenades to be used against deer, coyotes, or even jack rabbits.

(Although word is that some of the ranchers who have property bordering on the Rio Grande are using them -- just in case. :) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.