Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this and thought it was a good idea what does everyone else think?

fridge safe.jpg

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
It will work to keep small children out, but thats probably about it.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They make locks for refrigerators and it has the benefit of not looking like a gun safe.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Makes sense. Cool and dry.

Reactions: tucker368

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Missing a sign that says "Chum Storage Open At Own Risk", although in my neck of the woods you would probably have a few takers.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I like the idea.. A gun safe with a light inside..:)

Reactions: Mknight and Sekol

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Missing a sign that says "Chum Storage Open At Own Risk", although in my neck of the woods you would probably have a few takers.
Stink bait storage would work too.

·
Administrator
40,273 Posts
Secure it well, and keep in mind, some savvy burglars know, that some people hide valuables in freezers.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
I have had this old snack machine in my garage for about 25 years. I have been thinking of converting it for gun storage. It weighs at least 400 pounds and it built like a vault. I remember some older post on TA.net where a guy was converting Coke machines into gun safes. They were very nice.

This one is totally mechanical and works. Would be easy to remove the mechanics and install a rod dehumidifier and light.

The refrigerator would work if you could properly secure it.

LANCE SNACK MACHINE.jpg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You would have to add a good lock and change the hinges out to be effective. Most fridges I have seen have a simple bolt hinge. Other than that, it's not a bad idea in a basement.

·
Registered
450 Posts
not thinking such a good idea, we were robed , about 15 years ago, and the thieves helped themselves to pop and left overs that were in the fridge

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
the thieves helped themselves to pop and left overs that were in the fridge
It's their job. Jobs can be hard work. Theives can't be bothered to pack a lunch so you are expected to provide lunch for them.

On the positive side:
It's a good thing you didn't have any tainted leftovers in there. They would have gotten sick and sued you to the poor house.
Only in America.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
That's a good ieda.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
My granny always kept her money in the freezer in white paper wrapper label said cow tongue no one would touch it

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Paint the guns in kielbasa camo and hang them from strings? Put a bunch of calorie charts and a Weight Watchers 12 step list on the door (explains the locks). Other signs - 'medical waste', 'tissue samples', 'for urine/feces samples ONLY' :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts