Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my time away from Taurus Home, I got the single action bug. Purchased a Uberti 1873 Cattleman 45 Colt. Sweet handling and accurate.Yes I went full tilt and got the western holster rig. A great buy on Ebay . Slightly used rig for $85.00 that retailed for over $300.00 I went a step further and got a beautiful Stoeger Side by Side Coach shot gun.. I guess I better stop watching the Saturday morning cowboy show. Lets here from you guys.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
SA revolvers are special indeed!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Actually having carried on horseback I can say that the SA is a great choice for that. I have also carried concealed during hunting season when I hunted with one and didn't feel like carrying a different gun for CCW.

Most folks today don't realize how good the power to weight ratio is in with a modern SAA in .45 Colt with modern loads, especially with a 4 5/8 " barrel. It really is "handy" for the whallop it packs. The same for the .44 Special. .

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
The cattleman is a great SAA clone in my opinion. I have one and love it. I also love my Pietta 1858 New Army black Powder SA revolver. Both are a lot of fun to shoot!

Single Action revolvers can be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
My Ruger Flattop .44 Special sees a lot of horseback time and can usually be found on my hip around the farm.

This year I'm trying to bloody a new .30-06 or it would be in the deer blind.

It's a versatile gun that can go from mild to wild depending on the intended use. Most of the time there's a modest load of WW231 with a 215 gr LSWC in the cylinder which is very accurate and easy on the ears.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I love our SAA's - of all calibers! And thanks to kruzier, DH & I now have the black powder bug now, too! ;)

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
My Ruger Vaquero stays with me during deer season and when 4-wheeling. The 45 Colt cartridge loaded hot with heavy bone-breaker bullets will take down about anything you might turn into.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Congrats on your new Uberti. Great guns. I love mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got that same bug ! My stable includes a Cimarron "Evil Roy", a Cimarron "Wyatt Earp" Buntline, a Stoeger Coach Gun, a Cimarron 1878 Coach gun , and a Winchester 1873 on order.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't have one, but the Ruger Single 7 in 327 is tempting me.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
During my time away from Taurus Home, I got the single action bug. Purchased a Uberti 1873 Cattleman 45 Colt. Sweet handling and accurate.Yes I went full tilt and got the western holster rig. A great buy on Ebay . Slightly used rig for $85.00 that retailed for over $300.00 I went a step further and got a beautiful Stoeger Side by Side Coach shot gun.. I guess I better stop watching the Saturday morning cowboy show. Lets here from you guys.
I have had a Blackhawk in 45LC/45ACP and 3 Super Single Six in 22/22mag. I no longer have them. I want to get them back, or get new ones. Single action guns just feel good in my hands and I shoot them well. And the Blackhawks handle some pretty heavy loads...if you are into hi power loads.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I own a 1971 model three screw Ruger Single Six with both cylinders and a stainless Vaquero chambered in .45 Colt. I previously owned a flat top Blackhawk .44 Special and a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. I love single actions and I'm sure I will own more of them. There are lots of Cimarrons calling my name.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
You have the Uberti and the Stoeger, now you need the Rossi M92 and you will have the Trifecta!

·
Banned
2,401 Posts

Here's my uberti .45 cattleman... Love it

·
Administrator
39,472 Posts
Ruger Single Sixes are the most funnest of all single actions there are. I have three other single actions, all in .45 Colt! A Vaquero, and two Cimarron-Ubertis.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts